Warning. Be careful about buying BlackVue products.

Brian Whitfield

Reaction score
Country
United States
Be careful about buying BlackVue products. As documented in messages on the DR65S-2 subforum, the BlackVue products appear to be very unstable and their technical support is non-existent. I'm out over $400.00 for a dashcam system that worked somewhat for 2-weeks.

Be careful about buying BlackVue products. As documented in messages on the DR65S-2 subforum, the BlackVue products appear to be very unstable and their technical support is non-existent. I'm out over $400.00 for a dashcam system that worked somewhat for 2-weeks.

An employee of Blackvue posted today on their sub-forum here on dashcamtalk..... Your issue is that you purchased a defective unit from an un-authorized vendor.

Plenty of authorized vendors are around that offer stellar support like Blackboxmycar. I see they tried to help you on another thread.

Make a chargeback if your vendor isn't being supportive instead of slandering the manufacturer. It's specifically posted on Blackvue's website that only authorized vendors are supported.

Credit card companies support chargebacks for units that are DOA.. Creating multiple threads and spamming the forum isn't the solution....

Is isn't slander when you speak the truth. You don't know what you are talking about....

Is isn't slander when you speak the truth. You don't know what you are talking about....

Dude, really?

You wrote:
I'm out over $400.00 for a dashcam system that worked somewhat for 2-weeks.

If it worked for only two weeks, then it's a defective unit. Every company has quality control problems. If you knew it had a problem, you do something about it.

Not deflect on others.

"can't get any reaction from blackvue, so I'll attack anyone who does react"

Not gonna fix the issue though is it

Even though you didn't purchase this from us, we might still be able to help you out as far as getting the unit repaired through BlackVue.
To be honest the turnaround time if the unit has to be sent to Korea for repairs is a bit long but if you'd like to just get it working again it wouldn't be the worst idea.

If you wanted to trade it in for a different brand/unit altogether we can also look into that.
Feel free to email us at info@blackboxmycar.com and I'll try to help you out however we can

Last edited:
Mmm but in fact, at last time blackvue got more high defective rate...i dont know its manufacturer problems or engineers problems but in last 2 years defective rate was growing up.

Why i know this? Because i have contacts with official authorization dealer in korea and russia.

Reactions: Mtz
My BlackVue 650S has worked flawlessly, except for over-sensitive motion detection. I bought it over a year ago.... Great quality video..!! No real issues other then a bad Magic Pro, which was replaced....

+++ for BlackVue...!!

My experience was different. Blackvue sent me a brand new working unit when my DR500 couldn't even record a license plate clearly. I purchased the camera from their authorized seller on ebay.

I now have a 650 with no issues. Planning to upgrade soon. Even though this one works just fine.

Oh, I contacted blackvue directly on ebay. They just ask for a serial and who I got it from. They then sent me a new unit and I returned the defective one back to them.

And the reason why Blackvue has a higher defective rate is due to it having a higher selling rate also. For every 100 blackvue unit sold, maybe 5 units of the competitors gets a sale.

I've owned 5 blackvue's in the past and had problems with all of them.
especially during summer overheating is a problem.
I've switched to thinkware now which is a carefree camera

I have had only one blackvue product the gr550gw-2ch and it has lasted 5 years so far in the Arizona heat. Quality of video is subpar due to lower bitrate. I put on modified firmware to up that a little. I also use Transcend 64GB High endurance card. Previous 4 years was using Transcend regular 64GB card with 0 recording issues.

IM going to have to agree... im in the UK and to try and get anyone from.BV to talk on the phone with a minor issue I have with my BV DR490L 2C is non existent ...they refuse to discuss anything with me unless I can prove a point of sale with them...I purchased my cam through a very reputable source and I just wanted to ask a few questions with an expert and I was treated like **** ....why is the Technical Support from.blackvue in my country so poor I'd like to know ...I've tweeted sent emails rang several suppliers and not received a single positive result....I have purchased at great expense several BV cams for all of our vehicles and they are a life saver ..I just had a question to put to a professional in that field and I get treated like that ...so im.in total agreement with the original poster ...

While we try to provide as much support as we can, we do understand where other vendors are coming from when they're reluctant to provide support to non-customers. At the end of the day, none of us are the actual dashcam manufacturer and thus not a call center for support. We apologize if we've ever provided "substandard" support in these situations, but we simply lack the resources to assist all non-customers.

Rubbish ...as a supplier they should have the technical support to provide as much information about the product they are selling as possible ...we are not the experts we put our faith in the people selling to us ...to just deny any support what so ever is just unheard off ....I have had to take my car back to VW have there mechanics at great expense to myself may I add try and sort the problem because I can't get a single person to talk to from BV...it's disgusting ....they could have turned round and told me to do one but they bent over backwards to help and try to get to the bottom of why this particular BV Dashcam is failing....when I could have spoken to someone from BV ....
To just deny there's a problem ...my initial lay out on BV products is over £2k you telling me someone from BV couldn't offer me some technical advice ? Your on a windup

To just deny there's a problem ...my initial lay out on BV products is over £2k you telling me someone from BV couldn't offer me some technical advice ? Your on a windup
BlackVue is a Korean company. If you want to talk to somebody "from BV", you'd need to call Korea. There's nobody "from BlackVue" in any other country that I'm aware of. Only retailers.
What did the "reputable source" say when you called them? They only owe slightly above zero in terms of technical support (all other retailers owe zero, period), and may have some option for you (replace, trade for something else).

How many cameras did you buy to get up to £2k? Even at full retail that's over half a dozen cameras.

Six cameras with the 128gb BV SDcard

Purchased from Amazon who act as an agent for BV ...I have spoken with several suppliers in my country leading up to my purchase as to the correct ones to buy and they were more than obliging... but refused any support when I couldn't prove a sale of purchase with those suppliers ...had one camera that wasn't working correctly and just wanted to ask a couple of questions ...they refused to even acknowledge my existence....

I have taken my plight up with the manufacturer in Korea but I've had nothing back in 2 weeks ...IM not blaming anyone just wanting an answer to a couple of questions
They couldn't be bothered ..I asked to speak with there technical support and they hung up on me ...
They have the knowledge that's proven as they spoke to me before I purchased the cams ..

Why don't you provide them with the proof of purchase? If it's poor record keeping on your part you can still access prior purchases on your Amazon account. You would want to contact the "sold by" vendor if they were just fulfilled by Amazon.

Honey will catch a lot more flies than vinegar.

Edit: You can't blame the suppliers that provided you with prepurchase assistance when you then sought a better deal elsewhere.

Ted

Last edited:
...Edit: You can't blame the suppliers that provided you with prepurchase assistance when you then sought a better deal elsewhere...
+1!!!

It's a big problem for local merchants. People 'shop' local B&M stores to touch the product and glean information and knowledge then purchase 'lowest cost' on-line, essentially using the local retailer as a research tool without compensating them for their time, effort and cost. Turn about is fair play IMO. Some people might even say it's karma.

Let me state something, I live in the USA and all the dash cam (5 of them) that I ever had are Blackvue. I never had any major issues with their cameras other than SD card issues which is partly my fault. I had two of my older ones that quit working correctly because the internal batteries went out which I had fixed them myself. All the newer cameras that I had the past three years have worked flawless... I had their cameras for 8 years now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rcg530 BlackVue Other 1
Back