Warning signs?

Jim ADI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any legal requirement in the UK to display warning signs on the outside of the car, about using dash-cams?

Is there any legal requirement in the UK to display warning signs on the outside of the car, about using dash-cams?

Jim, I very much doubt that there is any legal requirement. I certainly hope there isn't, as I definitely don't want to advertise to all of the "thieving scrotes" in the UK that I'm carrying a very saleable piece of automotive electronics.

Most of us here tend to prefer the more "subtle" look of dash cams rather than the more obvious "bling" displayed in Asian and other far eastern countries, purely because of the aforementioned "scrotes".

Unless you want to drive up Downing Street or possibly through a military base then you have nothing to worry about in the UK :) We have true freedom here unlike the USA!

Reviving this old thread I thought I would post my experience.
When I didn't have a sticker on the rear window quite often people would cut in really quickly (often causing me to have to brake) but since I put a sticker on the window they seem more considerate and leave at least a couple of cars lengths before pulling in front of me

Unless you want to drive up Downing Street or possibly through a military base then you have nothing to worry about in the UK :) We have true freedom here unlike the USA!
Where I live we have the freedom to use dash cams without fear!

We have The Bill of Rights, although the O is trying to abrogate them!!!

As I understand it, you in G.B do not!!!

Reviving this old thread I thought I would post my experience.
When I didn't have a sticker on the rear window quite often people would cut in really quickly (often causing me to have to brake) but since I put a sticker on the window they seem more considerate and leave at least a couple of cars lengths before pulling in front of me
IME, it makes not one iota of difference. I've driven coaches with multi-channel systems fitted, huge dome cams front & rear as well as down each side along with bright yellow stickers warning of CCTV for "security and safety".
Yet the morons STILL come.
You want to turn sharp left or right, you need to use some of the lane alongside in order to get the back wheels around - and you can guarantee some silly sod will try to squeeze through.
They don't like sitting behind you so will use the wrong lane through a roundabout to overtake, with the inevitable cutting up on exit - doesn't matter that said exit isn't wide enough, if they think they can get a nose in front, they feel it's your job to then hit the anchors & chuck 50-odd passengers out of their seats.

Last edited:
I couldn't find any specific reference to cctv in a vehicle but all the trucks have stickers as it's commercial. Nothing in my car though.

I think the difference is the commercial aspect. In a car, you could claim that the cam is simply a dummy to discourage. On your house, you can claim the same. Even if the cams work, you don't have to prove it.
On the coach, for example, the signs are there to tell my passengers to behave (schoolkids etc) as well as anyone who drives (we're watching you so don't do something you shouldn't whilst driving) and hopefully, discourage the muppets - trouble is, the muppets are too busy being muppets to worry about a huge sign.
SWMBO will sit and witter the whole journey about her job, manager, relatives, etc etc then suddenly realise that the cam has recorded everything she said. THEN she'll go into one about me recording her. As I keep pointing out, she KNOWS I use a cam. The flashy red lighty thingy on the back of the black box is also a giveaway!

Hahahahahahahahaha....omfg. That is the funniest thing I've read today.

Let's see pics of your gun collection, Nigel.

Although this happened in Austria, UK has similar "no freedom of speech" laws:

http://www.infowars.com/teacher-to-be-prosecuted-for-calling-mohammed-child-molester/
They can own pistols ? Remember the Sullivan Law in New York City that locks your pistol at a gun club? The gun grabbers are in overdrive everywhere! 'seems I just read that Australian gun grabbers confiscated all firearms forcibly, under penalty of jail time ! 'bet the thugs still have them, just like N.Y.C.!!

gun_collection_by_sprocket_man.jpg

The gun grabbers are in overdrive everywhere! 'seems I just read that Australian gun grabbers confiscated all firearms forcibly, under penalty of jail time ! 'bet the thugs still have them, just like N.Y.C.!!

see that's the type of misinformation that gets spread in an effort to get you on the defensive, wasn't like that at all

Not trying to turn this into a gun debate. Just illustrating to Nigel that his freedom's are much more restricted than ours.

me either, the ability to own high powered weapons because you're worried about other people with high powered weapons sure sounds like freedom though :p

me either, the ability to own high powered weapons because you're worried about other people with high powered weapons sure sounds like freedom though :p

Worried? I have over 50 firearms and 20k rounds of ammo (actually stopped counting @ 20k...not sure how much I have). What's there to be worried about?? :)

My shop is a mile from my home (with a ghetto in-between). If my wife hears gunshots, she calls me...not to see that I'm OK, but to see if I shot anyone.

Elucidate!

I'd suggest doing a bit of research first, not on some forum, rights group etc and see what actually happened compared to what you've been lead to believe happened, not having a go at you but there's a lot of scaremongering goes on around this and some of the claims I've seen about our gun laws are ridiculous

Not trying to turn this into a gun debate. Just illustrating to Nigel that his freedom's are much more restricted than ours.
The
Our second Amendment is not about matching other law abiding citizens quality of gun ownership, it is strictly about self protection that our government won't do because our state and federal authorities would rather ban guns than punish men who use them in crimes!

Back