Warranty and support

MasterB

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hey guys,
I owned several dashcams over the years - one thing they had in common is that all of them crapped out after about a year. G1W started crashing while recording, B40 won't power up completely etc.

I wanted to know what kind of warranty and support do I get if I buy SG9665GC. This is a pricey cam, 3x the cost of a B40. So I expect it to last at least 3 years.

What kind of support can I expect if I buy from Hiniko? How long does the warranty last? What happens if it dies? Do I have to return it to China at my expense?

USA warranty is 1 year no hassle.

HiNiko has a 2 year warranty I believe since that's a special EU/UK consumer law

RMA / Returns are always are sent back to the reseller you purchased it from.

The B40 can't be compared to the SG9665GC very much. GC has a different PCB, different CPU, different lens, different lens base/housing, higher temp specs, CPL option, super bundle of accessories, the works.

Hey guys,
I owned several dashcams over the years - one thing they had in common is that all of them crapped out after about a year. G1W started crashing while recording, B40 won't power up completely etc.

I wanted to know what kind of warranty and support do I get if I buy SG9665GC. This is a pricey cam, 3x the cost of a B40. So I expect it to last at least 3 years.

What kind of support can I expect if I buy from Hiniko? How long does the warranty last? What happens if it dies? Do I have to return it to China at my expense?

if you buy from Hiniko you will get a 2 year replacement warranty, would need to be sent back to the UK for replacement, we don't repair cameras, only replace, if it were over 2 years you may have to contribute some cost toward replacement, that's on a case by case basis though so not possible to give you details of what costs might be for that, certainly less than buying a new one though

Hey guys,

Hello @MasterB

2y EU warranty. If any issues, - I ( we / SG team ) always solving situation quickly. First we go trough FAQ / help, - if this doesn't help then swapping for new one. You don't have to send back to China. RMA items can be sent to UK or Ireland address. All warranty replacements are handled within 3-5 days. Next working day shipping. Delivery of placed order or new replacement unit to Poland is usually 3-5 working days via Courier ( online trackable ).

OK, good to know.
Niko, one question for you then... Wanted to buy this one:
http://hiniko.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_105_179&product_id=332
But, price states €159, however in text below it says:
LIMITED PROMOTION OFFER.
149€ including delivery

So... I pay €149, right? :)
Total price in check-out incl. Courier Delivery is 159 eur. Sorry, 149eur this must be a typo in the description.
Thanks for attention, typo fixed.
Sale price of 159 eur ends soon.
As previously mentioned I do post next working day, but I have few "basic set" prepared and ready to dispatch today if you manage to place an order before 3pm GMT 0.
If any more questions - feel free to ask.

Oh dear, typos like that are ugly indeed. :(

3 years warranty? :D
Could be better a lifetime warranty, and even better families to be friends with each customer

Could be better a lifetime warranty, and even better families to be friends with each customer

I don't see why not? Manufacturer boasts superior quality to regular China-made dashcams. It contains no moving parts, and no lipo/li-ion battery that has limited number of charge cycles.

Last edited:
Could be better a lifetime warranty,
life time would be good, but read the fine print, the life time warranty could include the life of the product, as soon as the product failed that's the end of its life, meaning no more warranty at that point and you have to buy a new cam.

life time would be good, but read the fine print, the life time warranty could include the life of the product, as soon as the product failed that's the end of its life, meaning no more warranty at that point and you have to buy a new cam.
I'm pretty sure that's not what "lifetime warranty" means ;)

anyway you don't need to worry about fine print, we don't try and hide anything, warranty is warranty, if you have a problem we get it sorted

Well in real life there are products where it is exactly that.
Consider car SatNav devices "lifetime updates" for instance...

Well in real life there are products where it is exactly that.
Consider car SatNav devices "lifetime updates" for instance...
That's true to a degree but has real world limitations.

My TomTom SatNav has 'lifetime updates' but the last couple have been limited to the US only vs. US/Canada/Mexico because the memory size of the unit isn't sufficient for the new maps. I'm sure at some point it will be limited even further.

Still not bad since I bought it over 10 years ago and it's still current. I'm happy with a 10 year 'lifetime' - beats most things I can buy.

OK, I just ordered the SG9665GC.
Thanks for all your input, guys!

OK, I just ordered the SG9665GC.
Thanks for all your input, guys!
Thanks. Your order received and will be shipped tomorrow. Tracking number will be e-mailed later on after dispatch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DT MI SG9665GC 14
A SG9665GC 3
Roy aussie SG9665GC 4
Back