Warranty on BlackVue SD Card

mygr8

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased a DR750S-2CH, which came with 16GB of storage. I am considering purchasing a 128GB SD card from BlackVue. I noticed that it only has 6 months warranty. I've also read in some threads that the SD cards on Dash Cams have a very short life due to it continually being written on.

I'm looking at getting feedback on the various experiences members have had with the longevity of their SD cards on the DR750S.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Andy

Whilst BV cards may be good here are equally good ones for a lot less money elsewhere Like this one which I use. Price is about right DONT buy the cheap ones as they will almost certainly be fakes. Mine have been going for about 2 years Ok

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132428577113

In my experience, most well known brand name high endurance cards have been great for dashcams and security cams with constant write/overwrite/repeat cycles. but I've had good success with their plain ones too, they just fail a bit sooner. How soon is "sooner"? anywhere between 6 months and 2 years... Luckily they are not that expensive to replace and i keep an extra one in each car.

Check out the SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card. 32Gb = $22, 64Gb = $30. Great inexpensive option from a recognized brand name that's serving me well in several dashcams.

Check out the SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card. 32Gb = $22, 64Gb = $30

If they are that price I would almost guarantee they are fakes

Price isn't an issue but I would suggest buy from Amazon instead of a reseller on Amazon to be guaranteed genuine product

I've already ordered the one from a different seller on Amazon. Amazon doesn't offer the 128GB version themselves except through resellers.
I'll give an update after I have a chance to use it.

Whilst BV cards may be good here are equally good ones for a lot less money elsewhere Like this one which I use. Price is about right DONT buy the cheap ones as they will almost certainly be fakes. Mine have been going for about 2 years Ok

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132428577113

While we don't void warranty on BlackVue cameras if users would like to try 3rd party cards, we just wanted to mention that BlackVue cards are in fact MLC Endurance rated. They are manufactured in Seoul and are not just re-branded cards.

The Samsung you linked while a good sd card for digital cameras or smart-phones, is a TLC card and not specifically built for dash cam use.

We are not saying it won't work in your camera, however please keep in mind there is a difference between MLC and TLC, and MLC will always perform better in a dash cam with less issues overall.

Samsungs T&C's also state that their warranty does not cover dash cam use. However if you buy from local vendors they probably won't know to check etc and you might still get warranty:

"C. Warranty Limitations
Warranties provided herein do not extend to any use of the product for or with continuous recording instruments or any other write-intensive devices, including without limitation security cameras, surveillance systems, dashboard cameras, blackbox cameras, internet protocol/network cameras, continuous recording set top box devices and continuous data logging devices like servers, dedicated devices for benchmarking test, the primary drive for certain devices and any other excessive uses."

I recently purchased a DR750S-2CH, which came with 16GB of storage. I am considering purchasing a 128GB SD card from BlackVue. I noticed that it only has 6 months warranty. I've also read in some threads that the SD cards on Dash Cams have a very short life due to it continually being written on.

I'm looking at getting feedback on the various experiences members have had with the longevity of their SD cards on the DR750S.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Andy

In Australia we offer 1 year warranty on the SD cards and two years on the camera. Your local vendors might also offer extended terms different from the manufacturers standard 6months (cards) + 1 Year (cameras) policy.

In addition to BV Australia's informative posts (thanks for the MLC reference!), many have noted better experience using a utility like the Minitool Partition Wizard to format your SD to FAT32, rather than what's built into Windows. The BV Viewer app also supposedly does an okay job.

In addition to BV Australia's informative posts (thanks for the MLC reference!), many have noted better experience using a utility like the Minitool Partition Wizard to format your SD to FAT32, rather than what's built into Windows. The BV Viewer app also supposedly does an okay job.

what's built into Windows won't format a card larger than 32GB to FAT32 regardless

I use guiformat -X64

good program provided it works with your computer, was a very reliable program up to Win7, anything later than that and I've found it to be a bit hit and miss, contacted the author and he had no interest in looking at it unfortunately

good program provided it works with your computer, was a very reliable program up to Win7, anything later than that and I've found it to be a bit hit and miss, contacted the author and he had no interest in looking at it unfortunately

We use this program on Windows 10 no problems at all, it's still a very good program for formatting 64GB & 128GB into Fat32.

I havent had any troubles with it on 3 different Win10 computers Just dont change it off the default settings and do a fast format and have never had a bad one.

Only prob has been formatting an ExFat to a Fat32 Usually do it Exfat to NTFS and then to Fat32 works every time that way.

Why do that Well I do use the cards for other things sometimes.

Not really an issue for us anymore as our cameras all have large card formatting support built in now

While we don't void warranty on BlackVue cameras if users would like to try 3rd party cards, we just wanted to mention that BlackVue cards are in fact MLC Endurance rated. They are manufactured in Seoul and are not just re-branded cards.

The Samsung you linked while a good sd card for digital cameras or smart-phones, is a TLC card and not specifically built for dash cam use.

We are not saying it won't work in your camera, however please keep in mind there is a difference between MLC and TLC, and MLC will always perform better in a dash cam with less issues overall.

Would the card in the following link be better than the one I mentioned earlier on Amazon?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Thanks in advance.

Back