Warranty on BlackVue SD Card

Would the card in the following link be better than the one I mentioned earlier on Amazon?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Thanks in advance.

This is a Sandisk TLC card, one of the least compatible sd cards for dash cameras. If you are using a TLC cards especially the Sandisk kind, there is a large chance of issues occurring with compatibility. These issues will usually appear within the first 3 months of use, but you might be lucky and it works. From our testing that is not the case.

Are BlackVue MLC sd cards not available in your country?

We can't be any clearer, you don't have to buy BlackVue cards, that's perfectly fine. But please make sure you buy a card that is:

"MLC Endurance"

eg: https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-727

You will find no major brands making 128GB MLC because as we have all found, it is very expensive to make this type of card.

I would prefer to purchase a BlackVue SD card and don't mind paying the higher price. My issue is with the warranty. The BV cards only have 6 months of warranty. I've read in other forums of people having to replace the cards shortly after the warranty expired.

Do you have some stats on how long the card should last with "average" use?

As I mentioned above I would prefer to purchase the BV card.

Thanks.
Andy

I would prefer to purchase a BlackVue SD card and don't mind paying the higher price. My issue is with the warranty. The BV cards only have 6 months of warranty. I've read in other forums of people having to replace the cards shortly after the warranty expired.

I think with the nature of the product because it could be used for parking mode six months of usage could be the equivalent of many years of usage in a camera that is only used while the vehicle was being driven, the usage it gets while parked can also be more demanding due to the effects of heat, tough situation I guess

There's an excellent article on this site: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/microsd-options-including-mlc-cards.26035/

While the article is just over a year old now, the data within is still valid. Not many places have "high endurance" cards in 128Gig sizes, and those that do have horrendous pricing (in many cases, more than the BlackVue card, but on the other hand with vastly better warranties).

I think with the nature of the product because it could be used for parking mode six months of usage could be the equivalent of many years of usage in a camera that is only used while the vehicle was being driven, the usage it gets while parked can also be more demanding due to the effects of heat, tough situation I guess
There's an excellent article on this site: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/microsd-options-including-mlc-cards.26035/

While the article is just over a year old now, the data within is still valid. Not many places have "high endurance" cards in 128Gig sizes, and those that do have horrendous pricing (in many cases, more than the BlackVue card, but on the other hand with vastly better warranties).
Thanks bpsmicro

I'm curious why BlackVue only has 6 months of warranty versus other manufacturers have 2+ years.

I would assume BlackVue has seen increased failures on the SD cards beyond 6 months and may not want the liability. If the pricing is higher than others in the market, I would assume the quality is also superior. Maybe I'm being naive.

I'm curious why BlackVue only has 6 months of warranty versus other manufacturers have 2+ years.

I would assume BlackVue has seen increased failures on the SD cards beyond 6 months and may not want the liability. If the pricing is higher than others in the market, I would assume the quality is also superior. Maybe I'm being naive.

Do you mean "dash cam manufacturers" or "sd card manufacturers" - big difference between.

Australian BlackVue customers get 1 year through us.

I was referring to SD manufacturers.

They do not offer those warranties when the sd cards are used in dash cams, as I mentioned above with Samsungs policies for example.

SD Card manufacturers know that consumers buying their mass produced TLC cards, will only be using them in very small amounts, eg. running a drone for a couple of hours, taking some photos on a phone, or transferring some files. When the card is full the customer will remove data or format the card. The amount of work the card is doing is nothing compared to when you place it in a dash camera, so the SD card manufacturers can afford to offer 2,3,4 year warranties because of intense competition in the industry. TLC cards are relatively stable when you don't use them in a dash cam.

Back