Warrior XM G1 Logo Watermark

Paul White

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've been using the XM Warrior G1 Camera to video my sailing activities on my Weta 4.4 Trimaran. The main benefit to me is the 7hr battery life.

But as you can see in this footage (the rear facing camera is a Drift Stealth 2) the Warrior G1 has an annoying watermark logo on the video output in the top right corner which you cannot turn off in the settings (these are set in the Home7 phone app which XM have developed).

Can anyone suggest a way to turn this off, replace it or otherwise prevent it appearing on the output?

Manufacturers website, specs and manual here
http://www.yuncooltech.com/features/index.html

will be hard coded in the firmware, would need an update to disable it

do you know what chipset the camera uses?

will be hard coded in the firmware, would need an update to disable it

do you know what chipset the camera uses?
The specs are:
Technical specifications:
SoC: Hisilicon Hi3516D
Sensor: G1 - Omnivision OV4689 1/3” 4Mp, G1S - Sony IMX291 1/2.8” STARVIS 2.13Mp

There’s been no firmware update as yet.

haven't seen any tools for hacking that chipset so I guess you're stuck with it unless they bring out an update, it's a very simple process for them to remove it, if they wanted to

Yes I thought as much and there's no firmware updates available to help disassemble the chipset.

I've also tried to contact the company to get a quote for removal for a bulk order but not had a response.

You'd need to place your order to get that done, doesn't cost anything as such but you won't get things like this done until a deposit is paid, they generally want a thousand piece order to get anything changed but you can sometimes get away with 500 as a starting point

You could edit the video and zoom in a bit so that the logo falls off the top.

Update.

I now have a firmware update for the camera which allows the removal of the watermark - but only instructions for uploading the bin file to the camera from an Android phone.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this using an iPhone?

The Bin file is zipped here

Back