Was I unlucky and received a faulty Blackvue dashcam? The cloud, app, and support is terrible considering it's a £500+ dashcam.

Arkhambliss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I bought the Blackvue DR750-2CH LTE (32GB) from official Blackvue Outlet and would Not recommend it at all. I even had to pay another £40 for the Blackvue Power Magic Pro just so I could hardwire it. Then I connected it to the cloud paying £4 per month Vodafone Sim so that files will automatically be uploaded to the Cloud (or so I thought).

Here are the issues:
1. Since the clocks moved back an hour due to Daylight savings time, I toggled it off. The app never warned me that in doing so this will result in the SD card being formatted, so I lost all the footage.

2. I thought that's ok I'll just check the Cloud. It turns out only Live Event Upload videos are uploaded to the Cloud, and not all the videos such as normal driving.

3. I thought Well at least it's something so I watched and downloaded a video and to my shock it's a really Low quality video (i think 480p). I can't select download in Original Quality because the option is greyed out. This is crazy as the whole point of their marketing was if someone had stolen the car or Dashcam, you can still download the footage off the cloud. But at this low quality 480p video you can barely see faces or number plates. On Blackvue website they themselves promised "dashcam creates Event file in Full resolution.... simultaneously, record lower-resolution videos.... as the event starts, the Blackvue starts uploading BOTH Sub-streams to the Cloud and saved in real time: that's Live event Upload" which is a blatant lie. For the life of me I can't figure out why the option to Download in Original Quality is Greyed out.

4. I'm on android, and when I download any videos to my phone, they don't appear on my Gallery or File Explorer. I can only view them in the Blackvue app. When I click on Share it says I'm not connected to the internet so I can't share it. So I end up having to remove the SD card from the Dashcam and bring to my computer instead of being able to use my Phone. Or use Cloud footage as it doesn't upload any normal driving. Even the Live event uploads are only of a Lower 480p Quality.

5. I've been emailing back and forth with support with these issues and they keep on saying because the SD Card has been formatted, I can't download the footage in Original Quality. But I told them the SD card contents is irrelevant if the footage has been uploaded in Full HD to the cloud like the Marketing promised. And they keep replying the same thing. I reply back with the marketing material on the website and they have stopped responding to me. I even tried downloading recent videos from the Cloud where the original quality is on the SD card and the Download Original Quality option is still Greyed out. I asked to return the Dashcam and now they completely stop responding.

6. I call support to see if I can try resolve these issues. They said they'll get the tech team to call me but I never hear back.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with the dashcam. The fact that I can't share the downloaded videos off my phone and not being able to download the videos in Original Quality from the Cloud makes paying the premium useless in my opinion. The only reason I paid a premium for a dashcam was for the Cloud features. But it's severely lacking so I might as well have just gotten a cheaper Dashcam. I've tried to make the effort with Support just in case my dashcam is faulty but they have not been helpful at all. And now they are just ignoring me ever since I asked to return the Dashcam. Is my Dashcam Faulty or do other Blackvue owners have the same issues?

Welcome to the forum Arkhambliss.

1. When you mess with the time zone it is indeed a good idea to format the card, but the camera just wiping it like that ( me snap fingers ) thats no good.
2.You do not want all video to go to the cloud for a few reasons:
A: you will want to be within good cell range all the time, a camera will do 100 - 200 MB every minute,,,,, double that with 2 cameras,,,, many more double that if 4K ASO, so a 1 hour drive will be a lot of data you need to move in real time.
B: you will need a flat rate data subscription if you drive a regular amount i would assume ( +1 hour a day ),,,,, this is not cheap.
C: you will need to buy more cloud storage space off blackvue, the default free account are just a smaller one. more cost money.

3: there are differences in how the APPs work, the cameras i have tried as i recall the full quality file are downloaded ( it might be a menu setting that cause your APP to only DL the low resolution as it is after all a much smaller file )
4: I cant recall if that have been the case with other brand cameras and my android phone, also i dont really do this much as i HATE smartphone and so dont want to touch it more than i have to,,, which in my cars are a TXT or a call 1 - 2 times a week.

Lets see if someone with blackvue experience can fill out the blanks, i have no personal experience with the brand.

Buying a dashcam for the smart features, that often seem to burn people, at least that is my take after observing these people in here for many years, i prefer simple cameras, and when needed move files on the PC with the card in the reader.
Not least if it is bulk footage CUZ my card reader give the full speed of the memory card, no dashcam wifi do that,,,,,, not even close, dashcam wifi have notoriously been slow, but newer stuff are picking up the speed.

A example could be.
Adding the additional radar to the camera that will allow for much lesser power use in parking guard, well thats dandy, but then the camera sleep so deep that you can not remote access it ASO, CUZ only the radar can wake it up.
So in that case as i understand it, many of the smart things people want in their smart camera are out the window.

Also OS updates on the phone, that also seem to throw a spanner in the workings of things, not least the poor users of the fruit brand phones, but i think the google phones are also hit now and then.

IF you are one of the people caught out by too big expectations to features or image quality,,,, you are not the first one.

Last edited:
IF you are one of the people caught out by too big expectations to features or image quality,,,, you are not the first one.
I think the issue here is that the OP feels misled by the advertising, rather than it being his/her fault for expecting too much.

Although even I was surprised to hear of cloud video being in old CRT TV 4:3 aspect ratio with 480 resolution, so expectations would likely have been too high anyway!

Welcome to the forum Arkhambliss.

1. When you mess with the time zone it is indeed a good idea to format the card, but the camera just wiping it like that ( me snap fingers ) thats no good.
2.You do not want all video to go to the cloud for a few reasons:
A: you will want to be within good cell range all the time, a camera will do 100 - 200 MB every minute,,,,, double that with 2 cameras,,,, many more double that if 4K ASO, so a 1 hour drive will be a lot of data you need to move in real time.
B: you will need a flat rate data subscription if you drive a regular amount i would assume ( +1 hour a day ),,,,, this is not cheap.
C: you will need to buy more cloud storage space off blackvue, the default free account are just a smaller one. more cost money.

3: there are differences in how the APPs work, the cameras i have tried as i recall the full quality file are downloaded ( it might be a menu setting that cause your APP to only DL the low resolution as it is after all a much smaller file )
4: I cant recall if that have been the case with other brand cameras and my android phone, also i dont really do this much as i HATE smartphone and so dont want to touch it more than i have to,,, which in my cars are a TXT or a call 1 - 2 times a week.

Lets see if someone with blackvue experience can fill out the blanks, i have no personal experience with the brand.

Buying a dashcam for the smart features, that often seem to burn people, at least that is my take after observing these people in here for many years, i prefer simple cameras, and when needed move files on the PC with the card in the reader.
Not least if it is bulk footage CUZ my card reader give the full speed of the memory card, no dashcam wifi do that,,,,,, not even close, dashcam wifi have notoriously been slow, but newer stuff are picking up the speed.

A example could be.
Adding the additional radar to the camera that will allow for much lesser power use in parking guard, well thats dandy, but then the camera sleep so deep that you can not remote access it ASO, CUZ only the radar can wake it up.
So in that case as i understand it, many of the smart things people want in their smart camera are out the window.

Also OS updates on the phone, that also seem to throw a spanner in the workings of things, not least the poor users of the fruit brand phones, but i think the google phones are also hit now and then.

I think the issue here is that the OP feels misled by the advertising, rather than it being his/her fault for expecting too much.

Although even I was surprised to hear of cloud video being in old CRT TV 4:3 aspect ratio with 480 resolution, so expectations would likely have been too high anyway!
EDIT: To clarify I'm using Free plan with Blackvue (which is 5gb cloud storage). And in the Blackvue box i'm using the supplied vodafone sim card and pay £4 per month for 40gb data usage.
EDIT2: Added screenshots from Blackvue Website of their Cloud marketing and advertising and my Blackvue App screenshots. I don't think i expected too much from the features, it's literally what they marketed their cloud feature to be. Marketed as both Event streams (full hd and low quality) automatically uploaded. Marketed as having regular footage uploaded to Cloud (which on the Free plan will delete every 2 days), as well as 5gb Live Event footage to the Cloud. App screenshot showing no regular footage is being uploaded to Cloud tab (no videos yet). 2nd app screenshot shows Live event upload works fine (after months of driving only 1.2gb uploaded). Issue is i've tried the app and Blackview viewer PC program and for both I can only view and download these videos in low quality 4mb per minute 480p 10fps. On the PC program the option to download in Original Quality is Greyed out. And they sell this dashcam for £500+!

1. Yeah maybe I have missed the warning about toggling off dst will format sd card, but thought i'd warn other people.

2. A Cell range shouldn't be a problem in the city
B Data sim subscription pretty cheap in the UK, can easily get Unlimited data for £20 per month
C. From my understanding of Blackvue website screenshot attached. The default free account gives 5gb cloud for Live event uploads. But the normal footage should also upload to cloud and deletes every 2 days (but as you can see in my app screenshot the Cloud tab is just empty, no videos yet).

3. That's the thing, on the blackvue website screenshot I attached, it says BOTH streams (full HD and low quality will be automatically uploaded). But in my App on the Live event upload tab, I can only view and download videos in Low Quality. When I try the desktop Blackue viewer program, the option to Download Original Quality is Greyed out. I have repeated emailed support this with screenshots and they keep on saying that the Full HD file needs to be on the SD card to be able to do this. When I responded that I've been driving the car around again and the Full HD file is on the SD card, the Full HD is still not uploading to the cloud automatically and I can only get the low quality 4mb 480p 10fps file off the Cloud from the app and desktop program. Now support has stopped responding to me and i've been promised callbacks but never get any. I've scoured the App and cant find anything in the settings to make it upload Full HD to the cloud even if it were just Event situations. The whole marketing was if the car or dashcam got stolen you can still identify the culprits with both Full HD and Low quality files being in the cloud. But since I can only get 4mb 480p 10fps files off the cloud the footage is useless.
4. I've found out that I need to Select Backup option, not Share, to get the footage to show on my phones gallery and file explorer.

Blackvue website.pngBlackvue website2.JPGCloud Tab.jpgLive event Tab.jpg

3. That's the thing, on the blackvue website screenshot I attached, it says BOTH streams (full HD and low quality will be automatically uploaded).
It actually says that both sub-streams are uploaded to the cloud, not both streams.

It doesn't appear to explain what the two sub-streams are, but presumably neither is the original full resolution video since it does say that the sub-streams are lower-resolution versions of the video. I assume that one is 480 resolution and the other is icon sized, maybe 60 resolution.

Not trying to defend Blackvue, just pointing out that you appear to have misread, or misunderstood what was written. Maybe it was written like that to mislead you, maybe not.

In reality, no dashcam with automatic cloud storage is currently capable of displaying good quality video straight from the cloud, unless it has been manually uploaded, so the Blackvue isn't exactly poor quality relative to the competition. I think until 5G becomes normal, what you were wanting isn't really feasible, and even with 5G, it is probably still not sensible, even if it is technically feasible. So currently my recommendation is to not bother with cloud video, unless you have an unusual requirement/situation that really does justify it. For most people a non-cloud dashcam is fine, and a Viofo A139 Pro will give you much better quality 4K video at a lower price than your Full HD Blackvue. Yes, you have an issue if someone steals the memory card, but that very rarely happens, even when they steal the car! And if someone does steal the car, your insurance will sort that out, without needing the video. The video might help the police, but helping the police is probably not why you bought the camera.

I assume both with 4 and 5G you probably need to buffer to some degree on the memory card, and then upload like a SOB when network speeds allow for it.
At least with a system that upload everything to the cloud.
From what i have gathered 5G are not that big of a deal unless you are in a town and within eyesight of a mm wave antenna, and even here just a tree or a bush in between your devise and the antenna and you loose speed fast.

They recently upgraded 4G near where i live, i assume while putting 5G up my phone cant use, but i have noticed that 4G speeds have gone way up and are now 100 mbit DL and 50 Mbit UL and it use to be like 30 DL and 13 UL

I might get a smart dashcam here in December to play with, but i assume its just to play with as i can not see why i should be caught up in the smarts that system offer ( this is a kickstarter camera of a almost unknown brand )
I know this too will not upload everything all the time, the events it do upload i have no idea if it will be the full bitrate or some gimped sub stream.

My home CCTV cameras when i access them on the phone, i can see what go on, but the streaming bitrate are very far from what the cameras save on the storage devise at home.

Hey guys,

I bought the Blackvue DR750-2CH LTE (32GB) from official Blackvue Outlet and would Not recommend it at all. I even had to pay another £40 for the Blackvue Power Magic Pro just so I could hardwire it. Then I connected it to the cloud paying £4 per month Vodafone Sim so that files will automatically be uploaded to the Cloud (or so I thought).

Here are the issues:
1. Since the clocks moved back an hour due to Daylight savings time, I toggled it off. The app never warned me that in doing so this will result in the SD card being formatted, so I lost all the footage.

2. I thought that's ok I'll just check the Cloud. It turns out only Live Event Upload videos are uploaded to the Cloud, and not all the videos such as normal driving.

3. I thought Well at least it's something so I watched and downloaded a video and to my shock it's a really Low quality video (i think 480p). I can't select download in Original Quality because the option is greyed out. This is crazy as the whole point of their marketing was if someone had stolen the car or Dashcam, you can still download the footage off the cloud. But at this low quality 480p video you can barely see faces or number plates. On Blackvue website they themselves promised "dashcam creates Event file in Full resolution.... simultaneously, record lower-resolution videos.... as the event starts, the Blackvue starts uploading BOTH Sub-streams to the Cloud and saved in real time: that's Live event Upload" which is a blatant lie. For the life of me I can't figure out why the option to Download in Original Quality is Greyed out.

4. I'm on android, and when I download any videos to my phone, they don't appear on my Gallery or File Explorer. I can only view them in the Blackvue app. When I click on Share it says I'm not connected to the internet so I can't share it. So I end up having to remove the SD card from the Dashcam and bring to my computer instead of being able to use my Phone. Or use Cloud footage as it doesn't upload any normal driving. Even the Live event uploads are only of a Lower 480p Quality.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with the dashcam. The fact that I can't share the downloaded videos off my phone and not being able to download the videos in Original Quality from the Cloud makes paying the premium useless in my opinion. The only reason I paid a premium for a dashcam was for the Cloud features. But it's severely lacking so I might as well have just gotten a cheaper Dashcam. I've tried to make the effort with Support just in case my dashcam is faulty but they have not been helpful at all. And now they are just ignoring me ever since I asked to return the Dashcam. Is my Dashcam Faulty or do other Blackvue owners have the same issues?
1. This sounds like solely a Blackvue issue. I've never experienced such on the brand of dashcam that I use. Maybe others can chime in about other brands. I normally sync the time on the dashcam to my phone once in a while(including during DST) via my dashcam app. At the most, if such a glitch were to happen on any camera, you should only be expected to lose the last hour of footage at the most, but most people should not lose any footage at all. DST for us in USA was on November 6th. At 8:10am when I left my house and entered my car on my driveway, I set the clock in my car 1 hour back(from 9:10am to 8:10am) and then synced my dashcam's time with my phone via app. No previous recorded footage on my memory card was lost, and the camera never asked to format after changing time. At most if any footage is to get lost, it would be the footage from 8:10am to 9:10am as they could be re-written...But I don't use parking mode on my driveway, so there is no footage that can get lost.
Formatting the memory card after changing the timezone on a dashcam sounds like another voodoo practice...Just like those that say you must format your memory card every month.

2 and 3. Live View cloud and Live Event upload has always been limited to 480p AFAIK...This is nothing new and again one of the current drawbacks of "cloud". I remember seeing this limitation when I was researching last year which dashcam to get for myself among the different manufacturers. I don't recall BlackVue advertising uploading videos at full resolution into the cloud, but then again maybe I missed something?
This is what I see on their website from here: https://blackvue.com/live-event-upload-the-best-reason-to-use-blackvue-cloud/
With Live Event Upload, your dashcam can save Event videos in real time to the Cloud. Not only does it start saving to the Cloud soon after impact but it also includes the 5-second pre-impact footage. If you are still not sure what it means, let’s break down the steps with an example:

Let’s imagine a setup with a BlackVue DR750X-2CH IR (with front and interior-facing cameras). Your car is parked, with your BlackVue hardwired and Parking Mode active.

1. A thief breaks into your car: vibrations from the break-in are detected by the G-sensor(accelerometer) of the BlackVue dashcam.
    • The dashcam creates an Event file in full resolution (Full HD or 4K UHD, depending on the model) for each camera (front / rear / interior), which includes the pre-impact footage.
    • Simultaneously, the BlackVue records sub-streams, or lower-resolution versions of the videos.
  2. As the Event starts, the BlackVue starts uploading both sub-streams to the Cloud, where they are saved in real time: that’s Live Event Upload.
  3. Now, let’s imagine the thief notices your dashcam and disconnects it: the footage recorded up until that point will be safe in the Cloud!
Key things in their above description on their website:
a.) There has to be an "event" for it to do Live Event upload AKA something triggering the G-Sensor. The camera is not going to upload endless recordings with nothing happening into the cloud when driving to work or when parked with nothing happening to trigger it.
b.) The dashcam creates an event file in full resolution FHD or 4K for each camera (front / rear / interior), which includes the pre-impact footage...on the device memory card in your dashcam (emphasis, mine)
c.) Simultaneously, the camera also records sub-streams or lower-resolution versions of the above videos.
d.) Both (In this case, I assume that the word "both" refers to the front/rear/interior recordings or whatever combination[front/rear or front/interior] of their dashcam that you have...emphasis, mine) sub-streams/lower-resolution videos recorded are what get uploaded to the cloud. Remember in the story beginning example that they cited above (Let’s imagine a setup with a BlackVue DR750X-2CH IR (with front and interior-facing cameras))... In this case they're saying the sub-streams or lower resolution footage of both the rear and interior camera of this dashcam example. The original FHD or 4K videos that were recorded by the dashcam stays on your dashcam in your memory card and does NOT get sent to the clouds. There is no way in this world that they are talking about uploading a 4K or FHD footage of endless recordings or even event recordings to the cloud.

Are you expecting too much from cloud? Yup. :LOL:
Based on the above description that I cited from their website, I don't see any issue with what they described in how their product works. You are likely the one that assumed wrongly in your interpretation.

Don't fall for all those marketing buzzwords just because a product advertises (cloud, AI, smart whatever, etc...). This is like people shopping for a "smart" TV when they can get a standalone Nvidia Shield, Chromecast with Google TV, or Apple TV product and hook to the TV itself. All those products hooked to any TV will beat the pants off and run around any smart TV that advertises themselves as being smart.

Was I unlucky and received a faulty Blackvue dashcam? The cloud, app, and support is terrible considering it's a £500+ dashcam.​

People always assume that because a gadget is the most expensive, therefore it is the best product in that class.
You definitely do not need to pay £500+ (equivalent to $600 USD) for an outdated 2CH FHD 1080P dashcam that is still running on IMX291 sensors on both the front and rear. That sounds ridiculous. You got hoodwinked on pricing.
I did not think that Blackvue still manufactures the DR750-2CH LTE as I assumed that camera has been replaced by the DR750X Plus which was released over a year ago.
The DR750-2CH LTE is not even advertised on their USA website unless if you are getting the 2CH IR version which is front/interior.

Blackvue are only good for one thing and one thing only..."Cloud". And even with that "cloud" thing that they're the best at, it still seems like an overrated feature (to me at least) with lots of drawbacks.
In almost every other metric (video image quality, bitrate, price, value, etc...)...they are beaten by their competitors Viofo, Street Guardian, and even Thinkware.
The only reason for anyone to get a Blackvue is if they rank having cloud as the most important feature in a dashcam above all else.

Last edited:
I assume both with 4 and 5G you probably need to buffer to some degree on the memory card, and then upload like a SOB when network speeds allow for it.
At least with a system that upload everything to the cloud.
Yes, but with 5G it can catch up reasonably fast, as you pass the transceiver at the end of every street, once everyone has a 5G transceiver at the end of their street, and of course most people will install the transceiver in the middle of the street, so as you pass the end of the street, you will get the worst possible signal!

From what i have gathered 5G are not that big of a deal unless you are in a town and within eyesight of a mm wave antenna, and even here just a tree or a bush in between your devise and the antenna and you loose speed fast.
Yes, that is the way 5G works, minimize the signal range so that you can have as many transceivers as possible with transceivers a few Km apart able to use the same transmission frequencies without interfering with each other, thus hugely increasing available bandwidth. And because everyone living in a street will be using fast 5G, it will free up the 4G bandwidth for those driving out on the highway who need longer range communication. Of course major highways with a lot of slow moving traffic will likely get 5G transceivers installed every Km so that you are never more than 500m from one of them, and people can happily watch and stream 4K HDR video. And where I live, where I don't yet have 2G, it is going to be far cheaper to install a little 5G transceiver for the village than a big 3G/4G mast, so we might actually get one installed and be able to use our phones in the future!

My home CCTV cameras when i access them on the phone, i can see what go on, but the streaming bitrate are very far from what the cameras save on the storage devise at home.
Your home CCTV does not need 60 Mb/s to stream 4K video, it is happy with 6 Mb/s, probably less. It doesn't have the background image with all the trees flying past at 100 Km/h!

I don't see how he was mislead based on my analysis above. I read this same marketing page last year when I examined the cloud features of dashcams and I perfectly understood the many limitations of clouds in the sky.

I think his own expectations on "cloud" features on a dashcam were either set too high to begin with and in addition to that, he also misunderstood a feature that Blackvue explained.
The only "cloud" feature that I personally need in a dashcam is being able to upload full resolution videos to my Google Drive/Google Photos account (I have 2TB storage there), NAS, or private server automatically without having to manually remove the MicroSD card.
  • Things like "being able to see a live view of your car on your phone" are novelty features that would be good for a few days but will wear out fast. Who is still going to be checking on the live view on their phone everyday 3 months after the dashcam is installed in their car?
  • Other things like "being notified on your phone" makes no difference because the offender would likely have long pulled off by the time you get to the parking lot and it is not going to make any difference in the outcome of your insurance claim.

It actually says that both sub-streams are uploaded to the cloud, not both streams.

It doesn't appear to explain what the two sub-streams are, but presumably neither is the original full resolution video since it does say that the sub-streams are lower-resolution versions of the video. I assume that one is 480 resolution and the other is icon sized, maybe 60 resolution.

Not trying to defend Blackvue, just pointing out that you appear to have misread, or misunderstood what was written. Maybe it was written like that to mislead you, maybe not.
It doesn't make sense for them to write it that way though. From the entire Section they List 1 to 3 and they mention "the dashcam creates an Event file in Full HD, then simultaneously records substreams versions, then BOTH sub-streams are uploaded to the cloud in real time."
If they meant what you meant, they would have just said "As the event starts, the Blackvue starts uploading the sub-streams to the Cloud" without bothering including the word "BOTH". But the fact they added Both to the sentence and prefaced the sentence with Full HD and lower resolution video and no other Substream versions were mentioned, would mean that Both would imply these 2 streams that are being simultaneously recorded.
Besides, the only videos that I can see in my Cloud Live event tabs are just one video stream of 1 minute 4mb 480p files.
They then promise "how useful that feature is". Well, a 4mb 480p file is as useful as a Chocolate teapot. Could barely read the plates

I mean even if they only automatically uploaded the Impact Event files at Full HD to the Cloud i'd be happy, not these 4mb 480p files. Why else would they provide a 5gb cloud storage and a 40gb vodafone data sim plan for £4 per month in the box? Even the other section on Blackvue website i screenshotted above says "Event Live Auto-upload recordings are saved in a separate Cloud storage, thus the regular Blackvue Cloud Storage space is not occupied by them". Yet from my app I screenshotted about my Cloud tab is completely empty, and only Live Events tabs are being recorded, even then only at 4mb 480p.

2 and 3. Live View cloud and Live Event upload has always been limited to 480p AFAIK...This is nothing new and again one of the current drawbacks of "cloud". I remember seeing this limitation when I was researching last year which dashcam to get for myself among the different manufacturers. I don't recall BlackVue advertising uploading videos at full resolution into the cloud, but then again maybe I missed something?
This is what I see on their website from here: https://blackvue.com/live-event-upload-the-best-reason-to-use-blackvue-cloud/

Key things in their above description on their website:
a.) There has to be an "event" for it to do Live Event upload AKA something triggering the G-Sensor. The camera is not going to upload endless recordings with nothing happening into the cloud when driving to work or when parked with nothing happening to trigger it.
b.) The dashcam creates an event file in full resolution FHD or 4K for each camera (front / rear / interior), which includes the pre-impact footage...on the device memory card in your dashcam (emphasis, mine)
c.) Simultaneously, the camera also records sub-streams or lower-resolution versions of the above videos.
d.) Both (In this case, I assume that the word "both" refers to the front/rear/interior recordings or whatever combination[front/rear or front/interior] of their dashcam that you have...emphasis, mine) sub-streams/lower-resolution videos recorded are what get uploaded to the cloud. Remember in the story beginning example that they cited above (Let’s imagine a setup with a BlackVue DR750X-2CH IR (with front and interior-facing cameras))... In this case they're saying the sub-streams or lower resolution footage of both the rear and interior camera of this dashcam example. The original FHD or 4K videos that were recorded by the dashcam stays on your dashcam in your memory card and does NOT get sent to the clouds. There is no way in this world that they are talking about uploading a 4K or FHD footage of endless recordings or even event recordings to the cloud.

Are you expecting too much from cloud? Yup. :LOL:
Based on the above description that I cited from their website, I don't see any issue with what they described in how their product works. You are likely the one that assumed wrongly in your interpretation.

Blackvue are only good for one thing and one thing only..."Cloud". And even with that "cloud" thing that they're the best at, it still seems like an overrated feature (to me at least) with lots of drawbacks.
In almost every other metric (video image quality, bitrate, price, value, etc...)...they are beaten by their competitors Viofo, Street Guardian, and even Thinkware.
The only reason for anyone to get a Blackvue is if they rank having cloud as the most important feature in a dashcam above all else.
If that were the case they would've written Both camera sub-streams.
I got it for the Cloud features promising that it would upload Live event upload files (ie. any impacts) in Full HD to the cloud automatically in case my car/dashcam gets stolen. Not some crappy 4mb 480p 10fps video file. Also for the phone parking mode notification feature via cloud for any impact or motions, kinda like Tesla sentry mode. So even if there was a minor impact i wouldve been notified in case I missed any damages when I get back to the car and the file gets overwritten. Can't see any other dashcams having these cloud capability. I don't really care about the other cloud capabilities.

Can I ask do you guys actually have the Blackvue LTE dashcam? It just doesn't make sense for them to have a separate Cloud and Live Event Upload tabs in the app like I screenshotted. And them mentioning it in the the Blackvue website. They must be something in the settings that I'm missing to enable it to Live event upload a better quality video.
Even their promo video has no mention or disclaimers that only Low resolution videos are uploaded:

Also just did a screen recording to warn any other Blackvue users. Even though you've selected Sync with GPS time it doesn't work. You need to toggle DST off. Once you do this there is no warning whatsoever but it will format the SD Card.

It doesn't make sense for them to write it that way though. From the entire Section they List 1 to 3 and they mention "the dashcam creates an Event file in Full HD, then simultaneously records substreams versions, then BOTH sub-streams are uploaded to the cloud in real time."
If they meant what you meant, they would have just said "As the event starts, the Blackvue starts uploading the sub-streams to the Cloud" without bothering including the word "BOTH". But the fact they added Both to the sentence and prefaced the sentence with Full HD and lower resolution video and no other Substream versions were mentioned, would mean that Both would imply these 2 streams that are being simultaneously recorded.
Besides, the only videos that I can see in my Cloud Live event tabs are just one video stream of 1 minute 4mb 480p files.
They then promise "how useful that feature is". Well, a 4mb 480p file is as useful as a Chocolate teapot. Could barely read the plates

I mean even if they only automatically uploaded the Impact Event files at Full HD to the Cloud i'd be happy, not these 4mb 480p files. Why else would they provide a 5gb cloud storage and a 40gb vodafone data sim plan for £4 per month in the box? Even the other section on Blackvue website i screenshotted above says "Event Live Auto-upload recordings are saved in a separate Cloud storage, thus the regular Blackvue Cloud Storage space is not occupied by them". Yet from my app I screenshotted about my Cloud tab is completely empty, and only Live Events tabs are being recorded, even then only at 4mb 480p.

If that were the case they would've written Both camera sub-streams.
I got it for the Cloud features promising that it would upload Live event upload files (ie. any impacts) in Full HD to the cloud
automatically in case my car/dashcam gets stolen. Not some crappy 4mb 480p 10fps video file. Also for the phone parking mode notification feature via cloud for any impact or motions, kinda like Tesla sentry mode. So even if there was a minor impact i wouldve been notified in case I missed any damages when I get back to the car and the file gets overwritten. Can't see any other dashcams having these cloud capability. I don't really care about the other cloud capabilities.

Can I ask do you guys actually have the Blackvue LTE dashcam? It just doesn't make sense for them to have a separate Cloud and Live Event Upload tabs in the app like I screenshotted. And them mentioning it in the the Blackvue website. They must be something in the settings that I'm missing to enable it to Live event upload a better quality video.
Even their promo video has no mention or disclaimers that only Low resolution videos are uploaded:
False.
If your case was true then they would have written "both streams", and not "both sub-streams". Sub-streams is referring to the low quality 480p videos. There is no way that "Both sub-streams" in their sentence is referring to the original FHD/4K video and 480p video. It is very obvious to me that they are referring to the 480p video of both cameras (front and interior).

"Both" meaning the front and interior camera in the specific dashcam example that they gave.
Go back and read their entire example again starting from "Let’s imagine a setup with a BlackVue DR750X-2CH IR (with front and interior-facing cameras)..."
I'm not sure why this is hard to understand?

You got it thinking that it would upload original FHD/4K videos to the cloud...except Blackvue never promised that to you. You were the one that assumed that as a feature because you did not do your research or understand the current state of "cloud" with respect to dashcams.

I have never had a Blackvue dashcam, and I also don't need one to understand the way they worded their statement either as I can read in between the lines.

I watched the promo video that you linked. It has no mention about uploading the original FHD or 4K footage either.

Last edited:
Back