Was That A Phone Or A Drink Can In His Hand

Error7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius - 808 #16 4 x G1W-H - 2 x 70mai

Unbelievable how some people drive. Apart from pulling out directly in front of me he then proceeded to cut across two lanes of traffic without any indication. Was that a phone in his right hand or a drink can? And the MOT expired on 29th March so it shouldn't even be on the road.

i now have a crick in my neck from the angle of your camera. :p

yeah, could be either a silver phone or a soda can. hard to tell from the few frames we can see it in.

Why were you going at 2 times the speed of the cars behind?

Why were you going at 2 times the speed of the cars behind?

1522854660729.png

Because I had been driving behind the pensioner in the blue car for several miles, travelling at 27 MPH. Typically, on the approach to the traffic lights the pensioner chose to use the right hand lane so I took the opportunity to get ahead of him. The right hand lane closes off 2 hundred yards ahead so I needed to ensure that he didn't get ahead of me before that point. As it happens, he chose to crawl away from the traffic lights leaving the BMW driver frustrated. :p I wasn't accelerating that fast really, it just looked that way in comparison to the slower cars and I never exceeded the speed limit. It may sound fast but that's just because my car has a diesel engine.

Last edited:
Thats how i pass / get ahead most times, though i only drive a little 1000 CCM car i often leave the other guys behind as i storm up to the speed limit.
And as long as i dont spin any tires that's totally legal here, no acceleration rules here.

I didn't need the explanation, some drivers just don't understand that accelerating is the correct response to a traffic light turning green when you have clear road ahead. (Hint for the selfish: it's not just the person at the front who wants to go through on green.)

Perhaps the driver who pulled out dangerously was holding a can of whoop-ass. You should have offered to open it for him.

Because I had been driving behind the pensioner in the blue car for several miles, travelling at 27 MPH.

Heh heh, I still call 'doddering old gets' pensioners even though I'm 71 myself. :D

Back