Was the power circuit upgraded from SG9665GC v3?

PrivateSlow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC v3 (third one's the charm), A118, Mobius
When I first got the SG9665GC v3 two died on me in three months, apparently due to a "noisy" 5V power supply that my previous no-brand knockoff cam used for years without issue. (A friend hypothesized that the SG doesn't have a capacitor in the power circuit, but I never opened it up to check.) After wiring up an approved power supply the third one has kept going, but I still have concerns about the fragility of the SG9665GC.

So my question is, was the power circuit improved from the SG9665GC or is it the same? I bought a second vehicle and like the look of the SGGCX2's new features, but I'd like to know if it's more robust than its predecessor.

Thank you!

a poor power supply can cause issues, there's a power supply sold locally in the USA which is particularly poor that has damaged a few cameras in the past, third party power supplies are always a bit of an unknown quantity unfortunately, improvements are incremental and ongoing, the SGGCX2 is similar to the SG9665GC but quite a few changes have happened along the way

if you speak with @Street Guardian USA they always do something better than advertised for return customers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MiriV SGGCX2 4
kandrey89 SGGCX2 6
Brent. SGGCX2 21
Back