Washed-out A118C display

finchguy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi Folks,

My very first post! The display of my year-old A118C (bought from Foxoffer on eBay) now has a washed-out look. Daytime video is ok but that for nightime has deteriorated from when the dashcam was new. The links for the pics of the display are:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w250/kklim_bucket/IMG-20160531-WA0002.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w250/kklim_bucket/IMG-20160531-WA0000.jpg

Did a Reset but there was no improvement. Does anyone else have the same or similar problem with the display and nightime video? Grateful for any help.

OP
F

finchguy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Display on only when engine is running. Screensaver OFF.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Display on only when engine is running. Screensaver OFF.
that's a good way to kill the display, would not recommend running it like that, too late now of course so I guess just use the screensaver so you don't have to look at it like that, at least it still works

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
strange, i ran my a118 with the screen on all the time for months and never had an issue.

LCDs can look washed out when they're too hot - maybe that's the issue? camera hot from sitting in a parked car in the sun, and looks washed out on boot because of that?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
depends how long and what sort of environment you're in to some degree as well, hot climate, hours a day for a year, it will take a toll eventually

OP
F

finchguy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Does get hot where I live but I remove the A118 from the mount and put it in the insulated central console when I park the car in the sun. My longest rides are less than 2 hours.

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
Gets very hot here too and I never take down the camera when parked, and I don't get to park in the shade either, since my garage is really more of a storage\workshop area. You may have just got a defective one.