Wasted Money.

Discussion in 'DR650S' started by Brian Whitfield, Sep 26, 2017.

1. DashcamDPR

DashcamDPR Active Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    2x Mio Mivue 508, Autovox A118c
    Birthday?? Noooo it's not my birthday... I just REALLY like their cake!!

jeez123 and SawMaster like this.
  2. Gordan

Gordan New Member

United Kingdom
    Totally unrelated product. The only thing that Blackvue and Lukas have in common, is that they are massive GPL software licence violators. Both cameras run Linux internally, and other GPL software. Last I checked, Blackvue firmware contained 7-8 such software licence violations.

3. Brian Whitfield

Brian Whitfield New Member

United States
    Update on my failed BlackVue dashcam situation:

BlackVue/Pittasoft FINALLY followed up on my complaints and told me to contact the US-based seller (orderphoneparts@gmail.com) for support. After weeks of ignored emails, I let BlackVue know that their seller is unresponsive to my numerous pleas for help. BlackVue finally instructed me to return the camera system to South Korea for repair or replacement. I have no idea what the postage will cost but I'll send it out today and see if they finally replace my unit after months of complaining. My camera system has essentially been non-functional for several months now, but maybe there is a glimmer of hope for eventually getting a working dashcam. I imaging the round trip to South Korea along with a repair will take some time. I'll probably buy a Chinese knock-off Dashcam in the mean time. Who knows, I might like it better...

..Rev

SawMaster and jokiin like this.