Watch a truck driver defy physics to avoid a crash Read more at http://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeature

Remind me when i was getting my truck licence, nobody in my class did the brake / avoid / brake test faster then i did and still got it right.

But i think a lot of simmilar cases is down to luck, you just react and dont really see if the lanes you trow your truck or car into is free from traffic.

Back in the late 90ties i allmost rear-ended 2 lanes of stopped traffis on a motorway, and i was doing 200 where the max was 110 km/h.
Severe braking in the left lane,,,,, no this is not going to work,,, hey more room in right lane - change lane,,,,,, severe braking,,,,, no this is allso not going to work,,,,, EMG lane on the far right was clear so i whent there to do some more hard braking.

Going to work the next day ( a sunday ) my car had a lot of vibrations at 110 km/h as i made huge flat spots on my car the day before, and i dident hear that as my audio was going full tilt ( 3 x 12 Subs 500 W each and then 4 x 120 W full range speakers )

I bet the 2 rear cars on that backed up traffic soilde them self, i allmost did :rolleyes:

That was more or less the end of me driving like a total asshat.

what ended it for me was entering a 90 degree right turn (remember we drive on the right) at about 45 mph in my miata not too long after i bought it. i had done that exact turn at 45 mph plenty of times before... but this time there was sand spilled all over the road. thankfully i didn't hit any of the cars going the other way on that road. i ended up with my front tires in the right ditch and traffic behind me had to stop and wait while i did the reverse of shame out of the ditch. no damage to my car, just my ego.

Back