Watching video recordings

Mickle

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there friends,

I was wondering if we can view the recordings without having to turning on the car engine. Every time I need to look at the videos, I have to turn my engine on, connect to the wifi, then download each 1 minute clip. Was there an easier way to get the recordings?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah. Take the card out and stick it in your computer.:ROFLMAO:
(I'll get me coat)

You can't have your coat o_O You must turn around and come sit back down with the rest of us; we're all in this together you know :ROFLMAO:

Now same as always the best way to view, save, edit, share, and handle video is using a computer. Dashcam wifi and phone apps have not got capabilities anywhere near as good except for ease of sharing. And often the vids shared that way are compressed so neither you or the person you're sending them to can see all the details. Dashcam wifi is handy to DL a file or two at most, anything past that can be done better and faster directly from the card with a computer.

Phil

Welcome to the forum Mickle.

With hardwire kit i dont think you need to turn on car, i assume it can also go into playback mode when in parking mode,,,,,, maybe not i am assuming her.
Other option aside for what said above is to get a OTG card reader you can jam in your phone and then put your memory card into that

Yeah.

Just have to remember today many dont have the sort of obsolete computer, alternative you could probably plug a card reader into your TV and play files here, but i bet not as easy intuitive navigation as on the PC or in a APP.
Opticians are going to have field decades when people ruin their eyes looking so much on little screens, i detest my phone screen though it is large and even OLED so i can read it, my dislike are probably from my overall dislike of the phones or should i say spy / data mining devises they have been allowed to become.

In my dictatorship all phone masts would be blown up on day #1 along with any server that allow access to certain big & bad companies, that cant even pay the tax they are supposed to pay.

There are a few apps mentioned in the forums here that basically wait for your camera to connect to WiFi when you get home, and suck down all of the new recordings to your PC for offline viewing. I have one I wrote for myself, but a few people have shared theirs and made them somewhat more generic.
Then you can use BlackVue's PC app, or one of the other various viewer apps around.

@bpsmicro That method is handy and has merit, but until very recent times that took a DIY approach as you did. I'd have and use such a system if I had the money, disk space, and knowledge it takes. It's still not necessary though it is far superior to trying to use a phone for dealing with your daily dashcam vids.

Phil

Back