Waterproof Case Lens Ring for TCL SVC200

Paul White

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I purchased a TCL SVC00 from JooVuu in October 2014. In June this year, the threaded yellow plastic lens retaining ring (which I assumed was glued in place) fell off the front of the waterproof cover while I was using it mounted on a camera pole on the back of my Weta Trimaran!

I contacted JooVuu (also noting that the hinges on the case were rusting*) who said I should be able to get a replacement case under warranty but then told me that I couldn't. They were also unable to supply a replacement ring. So I tried to purchase a replacement waterproof case from them, and was told me they couldn't supply one either (despite having been selling them cheap a month earlier).

So now I have a working camera which I'm very happy with but I can't use it because I can't use the waterproof case.

I've also tried contacting TCL in China and Australia without any response - does anyone have a spare ring, spare case or a contact email at JooVuu or TCL who can help?

* I've had 3 waterproof cases for the SJ1000, SJ 3000 and TCL and all of them had waterproof cases that had corrosion on the hinge after a few uses in seawater (despite rinsing in freshwater afterwards) - so much for Chinese stainless steel!

Attachments

• 41q9ymLC36L._SY300_.jpg
    41q9ymLC36L._SY300_.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 4
Back