Waterproof housing?

Shortyg83

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking online at the waterproof case for the yi 4k. On amazon the one sold by Yi is 40 dollars US.
But there are a bunch of sellers selling one that says it works for 10-20 bucks. Is there any real difference between them?

Hi there! I was in your same position a few days ago, when I ordered my YI 4K.

I noticed your exact same thing. What I also noticed is that the 10 bucks waterproof cases are different from the original, $40 one. Since waterproofing is a very delicate thing I did not want something that potentially would not protect my camera well. Going with a cheap case there's a chance you lose much more.

What I did, to save some money, is order a bundle from an AliExpress seller. I first contacted the seller and asked if the waterproof case they were bundling with the camera was the original one and then placed the order.
Result: I paid $25 for the original waterproof case (you can see the picture in my thread), which, as you saw yourself, costs about $40 with a slow (at least for me in Italy) free shipping. I got my package (camera+case) in a few days, DHL in incredibly fast.

My suggestion is to not take the cheap route and choose the original waterproof case - for me personally there was too much at stake to save about $10.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Yi 4K Action Camera 1
A Yi 4K Action Camera 0
Back