Wavy video

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was just reviewing some footage just now and noticed, while stationary, that my video was wavy. Any ideas on whats causing this?

You might have a bad Sony Sensor, I replaced 2 in the last year with that behavior. Please post a sample video to confirm it's what I think it is using http://mega.nz
If it is, happy to replace it pronto.

That truck is an LNG engine. Theyre very quiet and very smooth. You almost cant even hear them at idle. The waviness is even more present in the raw footage. Ive never seen that before in any other footage. Ill go look at some more footage from today and see if I notice it in different instances.

Ok sounds like there is no vibration then.

The other 2 I replaced were the same, you only saw the wobble when the vehicle is not moving. Once moving the wobble effect is gone.

Ok, I just checked some stationary footage and there was no wobble. But once I started the truck, the wobble, or waviness started. What causes that? Ive never seen that before. I wonder if has something to do with a bad ground when the engine is running. Odd.

Ok that's interesting. On the others it wobbled at all times while still regardless of engine status. Can you try taking this to another vehicle and try to replicate the problem?

I ran across an old thread here that had the same issue. In his video, he had fairly loud music playing with heavy bass. But in another video he posted, with no music, he didnt have the problem. I seem to recall looking at footage from my cam mounted in my personal car while I had loud music playing and the sub was causing a similar disturbance in the picture. I think it has something to do with the camera not having a shutter and the vibrations caused by low freqs passing through the windshield into the suction cup and then ultimately to the camera body. It must be susceptible to a certain range of lower frequencies.

Back