Waylens 360

Heli_Guy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here is a new 360° Dash Cam: Waylens 360

Here is an interview with Waylens at SEMA 2017: Waylens Secure360: 360 Degree Dashcam at SEMA 2017

Sample videos:

calla_upload.792d49c.png

Last edited:
Looks great - no wires. Must be some kind of futuristic solar power :]

Looks great - no wires. Must be some kind of futuristic solar power :]
I've heard of dashcams with wireless functionality before, I was more concerned with how it was able to see those cars in front when the mount was clearly between the lens and the cars!

Is this for real or just another scam like Lyfelens ?

I know one thing.
With a 360 or cabin camera i would not want it in any way being online or accessible from the outside.
Same as my home CCTV cameras if any of them was pointing inwards,,,,witch none of then do for the same reason as i have the NVR on wifi.

This camera cannot be hidden. I read somewhere that it must be mounted just above the dashboard and it will be easily seen from the outside.

I would have thought the range at which plates can be retrieved will be very limited. A quick use of an IP CCTV calculator suggest 18 feet max at 4K which is barely off the bonnet and that's pushing it to readable limits. Assuming a 6 foot bonnet, that leaves 12 feet max from the front of the car if the calculations are correct.

I played around with this and at 19 feet, I couldn't make out the F. One thing to bear in mind though, this is just a simulation so not necessarily reflective of reality.

Back