we need better quality control and local support

vtt

Reaction score
Country
Israel
hi,

having my lukas 7900 ace for a week made me realize that the dashboard camera market is in poor state at the moment.

at the lukas forum i expressed my disappointment from the camera i received despite the fact that i went for an upper market product.

my camera is probably faulty (have issues with image quality,still usable though) but sending it back to Korea and paying vat and tax again for the returning package is just not worthwhile.

my wish list for next year in the dash cam department is:

1. sony ,jvc ,panasonic ,samsung , other big reputable manufacturer please step up and make a product that works and is manufactured under strict quality control procedure. (don't mind paying an extra 100$ if it just works)

2. local distributers , i hate to wait forever for a Package , i hate it when its hard to get a replacement when needed in a timely manner.

3. better software. the lukas viewer is very basic (not sure about others). we deserve better.

4. better quality materials and product design , where's the apple of dash cams ?

i was ready to throw away my camera and get a better one but then it accrued to me that i have already got one of the "best" , there is no guaranty that the next "best" camera would be any better . once , the name of the company behind the product indicated its quality. in the dash cam market the name says nothing. quality is like lottery, you never know what to expect.

i know my perspective is biased because i got a bad one but reading these forum shows that there are many others with issues.

anyway , i should be happy that its only a dashboard camera and not an artificial heart or something :)

Yeah it seem like Lukas have some problems with out of focus lenses as the most common problem, and that issue is pretty easy to resolve and not even spend any extra mony in the process.

For a while i have been thinking on adding more Lukas products to my camera, but i think i will drop it and put my mony towards another brand in the future.
Not that my camera dont Work, cuz it work at it is suposed to do, it is more about the feeling the Company give me, and to be honest its not quite there anymore.
There is a multitude of Companies i will not by products from, and there is a lot of firms here in Denmark and the World i will never support.
And there is Companies i am "forced" to support, like Microsoft - Google - my current cable provider - my goverment and on and on.

1. I doubt these guys will jump on the bandwagon,unless it is in coaperation with major carmakers.
But a Company like sony should have no problem converting ther Little action cameras to dashcams, in my eyes its just a new housing, and some new or rewritten software. ( how hard and expensive can that be )

2. Me too, it suck living in a Little country, i have to go outside for many Things as there simply isent a marked for those here.

3. i agree the viewer isent as good as it could be, pretty sad you cant even maximise the window it run in.

4. Apple is one of the firms i will never support, but you are right, even tho dashcams are a fairly new product, there still should be one or more brands that really stand out in all respects, but to me that dont seem to be the case yet.

I know if a was making a product with my "name" on it, i would fix any problem as soon as there was as Little as a wisper about the standart of my product.
Its the same with the firms i have worked for, if there is a issue with my work i will punch out on the clock and fix it on my own time, thats just the way i roll, and fortunatly i have only had to do that 2 times in the 30 years i have been working.

The issue you have with paying VAT and taxes again on a item that have been sent back for RMA seem strange, Israel must to be even more unflexibele than Denmark is.
But in general it suck to do RMA to another country, i had a RMA on a sound-card for my large train last year, from i sent it off to the firm who made it in USA and till i got it back again it took 3 months, and all they had to do was replace 1 failed component on the PCB.
And the bord whent strait thru customs as it was marked warrenty repair, normally things can get stuck in Danish customs for 2-3 days ( norm ) and up to several weeks if not for ever as they allso loose things and then blame the firm who sent it, saying the item wasent in the parcel.

buy locally but from jokiin, buy Australian with GREAT support and great product that wont let you down at a decent price. you get what you pay for. blackvue aren't brilliant either and over priced. im waiting for jokiins guardtrak recorders to come out then im getting one. hes proved he knows what hes doing and can deliver with great support and firmware updates.

Back