We welcome yet another great release

Nice to see good old SG on the 2K bandwagon, i like these and they do nothing good for me wanting to get my hands on a 4K system,,,,,,, which will also happen "soon"

Comes with a CPL and cards up to 512GB- nice!

Phil

Isn't the IMX291 capable only up to 1080p?

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 12.26.08 AM.png

Appears so that SG has completely done away with the wedge style rear camera.

Yes, but if these get USB C in the future i think it will work fine, the "locked" in place plugs for instance in the DR system, that did give some problems with install, a 180 deg switchable USB C plug should fix that right up.

Yes text is copy / paste from other system, but then edited too fast,,,,,, which i can not blame anyone, my own hands often overtake my brain.

IMX335 in the front and IMX291 in the rear.

Last edited:
I think it is on the IMX 335 like so many of the new 2K cameras, the rear sensor i am not so sure, it ought to be something else than the IMX 291

It's real 1440p + 1080p. Just some text issues on the website.

Looks like they've updated the page. I've also updated my earlier post to reflect that.

The iOS app was updated on 10/26 with the change log as being compatible with this cam.
The Android app was last updated July 6th 2020...Is the Android app compatible with it?
I'm a 100% Android guy that only does Google Pixel devices.

Any word of when it will be available in Australia?

We probably won't have them til New Year but that is more due to us closing early this Christmas.
I'd say next month via SG Australia website.

Isn't the IMX291 capable only up to 1080p?

View attachment 59119

That screen shot is before we edited the typo. Front is IMX335. Rear is IMX291

Back