Weather report: from crazy to crazier!

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
Forecast for Santarém, the district's capital: 18 degrees' drop between Sunday and Monday!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Santarém_Domingo.png

Forecast for Torres Novas. Not such a huge drop but 16 degrees nonetheless:
Torres Novas_Domingo.png

20 degrees we was promised Sunday and Monday, but the same weather gurus already changed that to 15 if we are lucky.
We also had the first ground level frost in places last week

LOL, I just noticed a funny thing: the highest temperature for tomorrow is the rest of today's hot day! :confused:

Screenshot-2017-10-15 IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, localidade.png

Last edited:
Today was hot AF, with a strong wind blowing from the south. As a result:

Screenshot-2017-10-15 Fogos pt.png
This is the active fires' situation at 20:14h. At that time 414 fires had started today, OCTOBER 15th! :confused:

Update: at 20:50h that number went up to 420. :(

22:00h update: 460.

This motherf*cking weather is really f*cked up! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Look how it changed from yesterday's forecast:

Screenshot-2017-10-16 IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, localidade.png

Not a single drop of rain overnight! :mad:

Here, the weather forecast says full sunshine all day and 19 degrees C.

However I woke up to very heavy rain and an orange sky, we are on the edge of Ex-Hurricane Ophelia and it seems to have picked up a lot of dust from somewhere, until 10AM I couldn't see to read even though the weather forecast said full sun!

These images taken at 10:30 AM:
y4mpgEKFwS4vX-SnNZP-4R2yXFXdosBZQ0r2EstEs7QqO5BWCe5UQxwCrGYypqIGMSr79JaLP7H--2VuTDUyXr1NQyoamNOoAC3j6jv_BVyUvJkiXYhHv89wMnk19taFI_p4oBqwYrRgtz6VWW783zUdxFGA_9h-ssYE9rTEuBS4yMUwhrxW3x-9tV-R71LMfffQtOa2OoD-gDxEOKO--GYVA

y4m-SrCnFcY5ZuiNZ-Gdny7xRX-CmyOC0XZSeldCRFaaZ0bg_uJ9F2eKU2W7jbIE0bKM1-clgrxfrlJyBdsyVy0FHcXetvslxG7wPWY_ZSXDEGbQr7cPbf7d9thHn8ZnDWetOXwx5FdXQhMUX-gVB9OH4TqJKQxy61ptp12-fo9_SNH-kidDSck7w8pVUrfgVMATxWoSiiOkVkLReJLsVL-yA

I read in Portugal at least 29 people have lost their lives in relation to the latest blazes :(

Surprising as one would not normally associate that area as being significantly affected by a storm originating in the tropics.

Ireland gets all the big ex-huricanes, they come up the Gulf Stream and are more likely to hit Northern Ireland and the north of Scotland than they are the Caribbean islands, but normally there is not much energy left in them by the time they arrive, normally only minor storms, very rare for there to be significant damage. They normally miss Southern Ireland and the South of England but this one is still a huge storm even if not very strong so the South West of England is getting strong winds.

Heading for Kamkar in Denmark next, they may get wet rather than blown away...

Last edited:
Yeah its pretty normal for hurricanes to swing right over the Atlantic and then hammer us up here, thankfully the often loose power as there are little heat to suck up of the north Atlantic.

No warnings up here and only 10 m/s forecast for tomorrow as the most windy day in the weeks to come, but bare in mind one of the biggest ever storms to hit Denmark was announced as " there might be a little rain tomorrow"

A little rain forecast for Thursday and Friday but 10 mm or less it would seem.

There are numerous reports that the red skies over the UK are caused by sand and dust being blown in from the Sahara in Africa.

That explanation may be incorrect or just rather more complex as NASA satellite imagery shows that smoke particles in the air are being sucked in from the wildfires in Northern Spain and Portugal.

I recall a similar phenomenon some years back when there were massive forest fires in Canada that made the sky red here in New England many hundreds of miles away.

Opheliasmoke.jpg

Last edited:
Sahara sand are known to fertilize the rain forest even further away in south America.

My friends nephew now a resident of Germany was hit hard with a storm last week i think it was, they lost their garage as a huge tree fell on it, but even more sad that same tree killed their neighbor, they dident give him CPR as he had a crunchy sound so they just blew air into him until the paramedics arrived.

He was jump started but died shortly after

Ahh, I thought I could smell smoke - it is Module 79L's Portuguese smoke!
I don't expect smoke to travel that far, but the winds are fast.

Ahh, I thought I could smell smoke - it is Module 79L's Portuguese smoke!
I don't expect smoke to travel that far, but the winds are fast.

When we were experiencing the red skies from the distant Canadian forest fires there was a strong smell of wood smoke in the air. At times it could even burn your eyes a bit and air quality warnings were issued by the weather service.

Ophelia still has a bit of power, even here is SW England:

0d075564-5ed2-4e3e-962b-07e7b8e24f77.jpg

Back