Webcam Function Doesn't Work - SJ4000 Wi-Fi

TeriTerryTarry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Several action cams
I've had four SJ4000 Wi-Fi cameras and none of them has worked as a webcam. When I connected them to the computer (PC, Windows 7) via USB and got the camera screen asking Mass Storage or PC Camera then selected PC Camera, nothing happened. When I contacted support@sjcamhd.com they sent me a "patch" (their word) - two in fact - but I could never open them or do anything at all with them. I've been told that the webcam function was eliminated from cameras with later versions of the firmware. All four of mine were G20150408V02 dated Apr 8 2015. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Last edited:
need to know what the files were, you already mentioned not being able to open them, that might be the expected result depending on what they sent you

Sorry. When I clicked on them I got a popup that read: "Access to this attachment is blocked. Recipients may not be able to view this attachment, either." I don't know if the problem is with my e-mail program (Outlook) or if it originates with the attachment. It's not a message from my anti-virus/anti-spam.

certain attachment types get blocked, that doesn't mean they weren't the files you need though

OK, understood. I guess I'm stuck. I'm frustrated that the cameras wouldn't work out-of-the-box. If a manufacturer claims their product has a capability, it should have it right from the start, no patches required. Oh well. Thanks for your help. Cheers :)

OK, understood. I guess I'm stuck. I'm frustrated that the cameras wouldn't work out-of-the-box. If a manufacturer claims their product has a capability, it should have it right from the start, no patches required. Oh well. Thanks for your help. Cheers :)

it could be a number of things, it may need an update, your PC might need an inf file to know what the camera is, it's not always straightforward as there are a lot of variables

it could be a number of things, it may need an update, your PC might need an inf file to know what the camera is, it's not always straightforward as there are a lot of variables

True enough. If the camera had come with a full set of instructions that explained exactly the things you're mentioning then I could verify what the problem is. As it stands I can't so it could indeed be a number of things. Webcam operation is an absent topic in the manual I'm preparing. If only I knew exactly what's causing my problem then I could write it up so that others could avoid it. Still I appreciate your help. :)

Back