Website question

K-A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9663DCPRO
When I go to download firmware updates, why do I have to pick my camera's model twice? First on the "downloads" page I click Firmware > (model number), second I have to pick the model from a dropdown list. This is unusual.

we used to link directly to the firmware but people wouldn't read the instructions that are included with the download and then open support tickets asking how to update so we put the instructions on the second page to make it a bit more in your face

... but people wouldn't read the instructions.... and then open support tickets .... so we put the instructions ....to make it a bit more in your face
:D Ahh, 'fond' memories of when I was in IT with user interface responsibilities :banghead:. Not the least bit sorry I retired - especially when I read stuff like this.

(...and I'll bet it still doesn't work all the time.)

:D Ahh, 'fond' memories of when I was in IT with user interface responsibilities :banghead:. Not the least bit sorry I retired - especially when I read stuff like this.

(...and I'll bet it still doesn't work all the time.)
I did my stint of IT, Unix system internal to the company, the support calls from our own staff never failed to amaze

I did my stint of IT, Unix system internal to the company, the support calls from our own staff never failed to amaze
Yeah, tech users can be the worse - except for users who think they're tech/power users but aren't (like mid-level managers who had about 3 hours of IT/CS courses in school).

Yeah, tech users can be the worse - except for users who think they're tech/power users but aren't (like mid-level managers who had about 3 hours of IT/CS courses in school).
we ran exchange servers for mail and we had a senior level manager that used to file things under folders he created in his deleted items folder, another that used to send emails and never put anything in the subject field, trying to find some message he sent later on was always a chore, not sorry to not have to deal with some of the mind numbing things we did back then

...we had a senior level manager that used to file things under folders he created in his deleted items folder,...
:banghead:

Those that can - do, those that can't - teach, those that can't teach - manage? :LOL:

Back