Weird behavior killing car battery

molarmedic

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had my windshield replaced and of course my hardwiring had to be moved for new windshield. I put all my stuff back where it belongs and now my F750 is acting strange.
I use CellLink Neo with additional cell power pack for 12000mVa 38-40 hours of parking mode. That is hardwired. I power the F75- from that wire. I ensured my F750 is in parking mode and I do hear it enter parking mode when I turn off car.
The cam ran well and used the full 38 hour charge on the external batteries as expected. But what it started to do, was every 2 hours it restarted it self, never went to parking mode stayed in cont recording for 1 minute and shut down.
It did this until it drained and killed my NEW car battery.
I got another car battery (warranty).
Reset up the F750 ensured that parking mode was working and when it entered I watched the app for my NeoCell go from charging (car on) to discharging (car off) as the F750 enter parking mode.
I waited for a few minuted in the car watching both the cam and the battery pack.
After 5 minutes, the F750 stated shutting down due to low battery and shut off. The NeoCell had over 7 hours of power left to give to F750!!!! and turned to not in use when cam shut off.
What is going of with my cam?!??!!!!
I also noticed the cam had a hard time keeping the settings I set. I had auto turned off parking mode prior to killing the car battery.
My setup should not have the car battery in play at all?!!! I use the NeoCell link for that on purpose. I have had this setup for a couple years and never an issue, until my windshield got replaced. Now it's a major mess.
Any help please!!!!!
Thinkware F750 front and back cam connected to CellLink Neo dual pack 12000mVa hardwired system.

I strongly suspect that while you are parked you may have some voltage appearing on the Ignition wire to the Cellink from time to time. It's impossible for the camera to drain you vehicle battery as that is only connected to the Cellink. But if the Cellink keeps waking up due to a Voltage spike it will probably start the charging process for several seconds which i think then could flatten the vehicle battery. This could explain why the F750 restarted itself every couple of hours too as the ignition would pass though the Cellink to the F750.

I strongly suspect that while you are parked you may have some voltage appearing on the Ignition wire to the Cellink from time to time. It's impossible for the camera to drain you vehicle battery as that is only connected to the Cellink. But if the Cellink keeps waking up due to a Voltage spike it will probably start the charging process for several seconds which i think then could flatten the vehicle battery. This could explain why the F750 restarted itself every couple of hours too as the ignition would pass though the Cellink to the F750.
Has been working fine for two years, not sure why all of sudden the change other than the windshield being replaced. thank you for the suggestion. Will monitor.

Has been working fine for two years, not sure why all of sudden the change other than the windshield being replaced. thank you for the suggestion. Will monitor.
The app shows the cel link still at same charging percent. so I don't think it is drawing power from battery while car is off.

Check your ACC fuse to ensure it's a true ACC fuse and check your ground wire is secure and connected to a true metal bolt.

Back