Weird "glitch" in all the videos I save

TheFoxPlayer

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
In all of the videos I save from my Garmin dashcam, I see this weird "glitch" or how I should call it.. after that the audio is being played like 0.5/1 sec ahead of the image/video.. and I don't understand why.
Anyone knows why or have a fix for this?

Welcome to the forum TheFoxPlayer.

That glitch are far from normal thats for sure.
There is a few things i would try in this case.

1: clean the contacts on the memory card, maybe try another memory card.
2: test the original memory card using H2testw or crystaldisk mark.
3: try other recording parameters if you can, say you have been recording 1080/60 now, try 1080/30 instead, or even a lesser resolution if that is possible.
4: update firmware, or reload it if you are on the newest one.

How are you powering the camera ? if you use some alternative you should try the provided solution.

Thank you!

Alright I will try the stuff you mentioned!
I am currently using 1440p as the resolution and I tried lowering it to 1080p60 a while ago and it didn’t make any difference, but I’ll try lowering it even more tomorrow!

I am powering the camera from the cigarette lighter outlet in my truck, which is 24 volt, so maybe that’s the reason? It can only handle 12 volt like in a normal car? But I’ve seen others who have used this camera in their trucks so that shouldn’t be the problem. I’m leaning towards a problem with my memory card so I’ll definitely check that out!

Thanks for the answer! :)

I cant recall how that Garmin camera are powered, but most cameras whether it is 12 V to the camera or the most popular that have a 12 - 5 V PSU then both seem to support the 24 V input of larger vehicles too.
The "high" voltage cameras normally use some kind of barrel plug into the camera, the 5V cameras are one of the USB type of plugs, most often mini USB.

I am pretty sure if the Garmin or its PSU was not able to handle 24 V it would have been on fire by now. :)

Memory cards are often the cause of dashcam problems, just cuz you have a good brand and model dont mean you are safe :cautious: Years ago when 64GB was a large memory card i got a few fast U3 cards, most expensive cards i have ever gotten at the time, two of them i was unlucky with barely getting to fill the cards just 1 time before they died.

Back