WF1 - No thanks!!!

Oh it is! I am on passive 3D... as I wear glasses... it was seriously interesting, I'd only wish there is a 3D dash cam... LOL

The new Ambarella A7L-A chipset allows for two 1080P streams. You will see camera's that have either one in front and one in back. or TWO in front for SUPER wide angle. (two combined images) There is no reason why they couldn't slip in 3D too ;)

JazJon the videos have been great, but could you go a little more in depth about the Vico Viewer side of things? I keep reading that you can watch the camera as it records through WiFi. This is a big feature for me that is really pushing me to buy one. I have an android device but i am guessing it works the same on iOS.

How well does the live feed work?
About how far away can you get? Across the street? just outside your garage? Just inside your house?
You said you could not directly put the video into editing software, but you can save it to your device correct?

Thanks

In-Depth review pending Vicoviewer iOS update (to fix my iPhone 5S incompatibility) I'll cover it all don't worry sorry for the delay :)
I think Android is good to go as of today. (no issues)

Here are photos as requested. Remember I have a smart car, so the rear view mirror is pretty dang small.
(and it still hides it while driving, see photo from drivers seat)
The mini 0801 I had previously was way off center.

A0vfWnZl.jpg

nGzki1kl.jpg

UajZWmxl.jpg

gxVjpInl.jpg

svJbfqQl.jpg

9OxhTHtl.jpg

I have blob of sap I can't scrub off that in the line of sight of my WF1.
I'm on the way to the hardware store soon to get some razor blades and goo-gone so the lens finally has a clear view. (for a proper recording)

I've found through trial and error that steel wool works great for removing stains on the outside of auto glass (winshield, rear and side windows, even mirrors). Another thing that works wonders is white distilled vinegar, it has soo many uses its ridiculous. lol :D Soak a cloth in a vinegar/water mix (3 parts white distilled vinegar, 1 part water) and apply/scrub the area. I've used those 2 methods to remove stains off my car windows before, especially hard water stains.

I googled and found this list too: http://www.vinegartips.com/scripts/pageviewsec.asp?id=10

Here are photos as requested. Remember I have a smart car, so the rear view mirror is pretty dang small.
(and it still hides it while driving, see photo from drivers seat)
The mini 0801 I had previously was way off center.

That looks pretty good in there. Something u might want to consider is a 6" wide strip of limo tint (5% shade) across the top of your windshield. It helps tremendously with sunlight (especially when you're driving towards the sun as it sets), plus it'll camouflage the the camera even more and cover the rear-view mirror and camera attachment parts. Just my 2 cents :)

I have 8" wide tint strips on a few of my cars (2% tint, which is a little darker than 5%), but it's awesome and there's no need to even to use my sun visors anymore. lol

If someone had a truck and was looking to be stealthy a moon visor might also be something to consider

Last edited:
The GooGone and razorblade worked fine. It's not a good idea to use SteelWool on glass if you want to avoid micro scratch marks.
I'll think about the limo tint strip possibly. :)

Reactions: Jim
I was not sure witch thread to put this in, but i left my Vico TF2+P in my car while getting my WF1 set. I took a ride and seen something i wanted to save as an event so for the hell of it i decided to hit the event button on both the TF2+P and WF1. I hit the WF1 first, and about a second later hit the TF2+P Even Button.

The WF1 seemed like it took about 30 seconds longer to save the event recording even though i had pressed it first the TF2+P got done locking the file first

:EDIT:
I just checked some night time clips and they did not come out well even though i am almost positive i changed my WDR to Strong. They look way worse then my TF2 about on par with this first video differently not as good as my TF2 hoping i can get some settings sorted out correctly. I am almost positive i am running the latest firmware

Last edited by a moderator:
The GooGone and razorblade worked fine. It's not a good idea to use SteelWool on glass if you want to avoid micro scratch marks.
I'll think about the limo tint strip possibly. :)

My bad, I should've been more specific. There's like 8 different grades of steel wool (0000, 000, 00, 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4). I use the finest grade one (0000) and it's impossible to scratch it up with that. o_O lol well I'm glad that Goo Gone worked for u.

The new Ambarella A7L-A chipset allows for two 1080P streams.

probably should clarify, some of the A7-LA chipsets can do 2 x 1080p30, not all do (there are 8 variants) so just because a model may use an A7-LA chipset doesn't indicate all features can be supported

Back