WF1 Parking Mode - Possible Future Firmware Feature?

JayTee

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
VicoVation WF1
As much as I like my WF1, one feature I would like to see incorporated is a Parking Mode. I believe this is software enabled, so I inquired with VicoVation as to whether they were considering adding this feature - this was their response:

--- Original Message ---

From: "Vicovation Customer Service" <service@vicovation.com>
Sent: January 15, 2014 4:14 AM
To: [JayTee]
Subject: RE: WF1 Motion Detection?

Dear [JayTee],

WF1 will implement parking mode soon. It will come with next software upgrading.

You can follow our officie website or Facebook to have the latest info.

http://www.vicovation.com/catalog.asp?keyid=3&lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/VicovationNorthAmerica?ref=hl

Any question , please kindly advise,

Thank you very much for your support.

視連科客服部

VicoVation Service Team

Service@vicovation.com

行動客服專線:0975-023-262

客服專線: 02-2796-5883 轉23

客服專線服務時間: 週一至週五10:00~17:00

例假日除外

So, with any luck, the next firmware update will include motion detection/parking mode! :)

Glad to see that Vico is replaying to your e-mails. Many other big dahscam manufacturers usually ignore suggestions from average Joe.

Glad to see that Vico is replaying to your e-mails. Many other big dahscam manufacturers usually ignore suggestions from average Joe.

Actually I think some would like the feedback but it's often hard to get the message to the person or department involved in a lot of cases

Actually I think some would like the feedback but it's often hard to get the message to the person or department involved in a lot of cases
That makes sense, just as I think it is smart (and helpful) for manufacturers such as yourself jokiin to actively follow and participate in these kinds of forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
1-jpg.1938

3rd line is "Intellectual parking mode"

That's the screenshot Vico's Russian rep posted as a teaser of a new FW.

That's the screenshot Vico's Russian rep posted as a teaser of a new FW.[/quote]
1-jpg.1938

3rd line is "Intellectual parking mode"

That's the screenshot Vico's Russian rep posted as a teaser of a new FW.
Thanks, Vadimus! Although I would translate that as 'Intelligent Parking Mode' - that's great, and sounds really promising! I'm hoping that the 'intelligent' part means the cam will switch automatically to motion detection when parked (we can always dream, right?;) ). VicoVation is really impressing me with how they are supporting their products! Did you hear any hint of when this new firmware might be released?

Last edited:
With newest firmware V1.58 you can use Vico-WF1 in Parking mode.

I have used Smart Parking Mid Sensitivity settings which allow you to avoid unnecessary motion recordings such as wind tree movement etc & also used reasonably priced (£25 inc del) Power Linker device to prevent my car battery from discharge.

Here is the link:
http://www.bebutton.com/Iroad-Ione-BlackVue-Cowon-DashCams-Car-Blackbox-Electric-Power-Controllers/Iroad-Power-Linkers

New Firmware V1.58 also offers extra features:

App Playback video Time-display bug fixed.
After setting into Smart Parking Mode, WF1 will detect the scenario
automatically. If car has been parked for 10 minutes (no movement), WF1 will
enter Sleeping Mode.
WF1 recording will be only activated when there is object movement
(people/cars) inside video shooting area, and recording last 30 seconds more
from the last object movement. Then WF1 will enter Sleeping Mode again when
there is no object movement.
During Sleeping Mode, LED indication light will breeze once every 10 seconds.
WF1 will not record in sleeping mode (when there is no motion detection).
When Car starts moving again, WF1 will get back to normal recording.
There are 4 levels motion sensitivity to choose, including Low / Mid / High / Max.

Thanks for the parking mode example youtube video.

Niko posted a quick video the other day as well:

Here's more detailed information on how it works and what to expect.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...n-detection-has-been-release.5371/#post-63845

The latest WF1 firmware updates show that Vicovation is dedicated to pushing innovation ahead.
http://www.vicovation.com/productpage.asp?IDno=18&cata=3&lang=en

Pushcam.com is another great innovation added in recent firmware. It's only the beginning of what we'll see in the next year or two.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...atic-wifi-or-any-other-dashcam-manually.3761/

Want to see the firmware with an increased bit rate of 18-20 Mbit / s

Bit rate is not too much, especially evident on complex stsenah.Esli we will knock on the Service will be the result.
If you remain silent and Service will not do anything.

I did a test with the new firmware, for the parking mode.

You have 3 modes:

1) normal driving recording
2) motion detection
3) G sensor

You can choose either one, but not all of them together, which is what they should've been. Just like iTronics has (records continusly; when the camera doesn't detect motion or G forces for 5 minutes, it enters parking mode. If it detects motion or G forces, it records for 1m, then enters parking mode again).

Also, the motion detection files take a long while to start recording, probably, because the files I get on the card do not start right at the start of the detection time. They start half a second or a second later. So you end up with a file that starts with an individual in the middle on the screen (you lose some important footage). This might be because of the sensitivity setting, I can give it that. I tested on the default sensitivity.

I did a test with the new firmware, for the parking mode.

You have 3 modes:

1) normal driving recording
2) motion detection
3) G sensor

You can choose either one, but not all of them together, which is what they should've been. Just like iTronics has (records continusly; when the camera doesn't detect motion or G forces for 5 minutes, it enters parking mode. If it detects motion or G forces, it records for 1m, then enters parking mode again).

Also, the motion detection files take a long while to start recording, probably, because the files I get on the card do not start right at the start of the detection time. They start half a second or a second later. So you end up with a file that starts with an individual in the middle on the screen (you lose some important footage). This might be because of the sensitivity setting, I can give it that. I tested on the default sensitivity.

Good point, hopefully Vico can improve on this like others have. They constantly buffer the video, and then grab the last 30 seconds or more to include with the motion detected recording event. I'll ask the engineers if this is possible, might be an A5 limitation.

Doubt 30 seconds would be achievable, it's too much data to buffer, doubt they would have enough system memory to do that

1s would be enough. It's all you would ever need. 1s or 30s it would still be an empty scenery, since you do not have any motion before the actual trigger.

But at least don't make it 1s after :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JayTee WF1 0
D WF1 3
Back