WF1 Review by Techmoan

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Last edited:
JazJon buys a Mini 0801, then Techmoan reviews it. JazJon buys a WF1, then Techmoan reviews it. What's going on?

Anyone ever seen JazJon and Techmoan in the same room at the same time?

/end conspiracy theory

Another brilliant review by Techmoan.
I'm disappointed that he didn't upgrade the firmware to 1.47 though before doing the review . (common sense to check first with all new electronics)
(this is explained in my next post)

Like Techmoan said 9m20s with the text overlay during the video 1.47 improves WDR processing a bit.

The bright flashing LED can be muted via settings option. (option added in new firmware)

-When mine records it only has a dim glow. (no more blinking)
-I've also muted all voices so it's quite when I turn my car on/off. (another new option in the firmware)
-LDWS is lame and I leave it off too
-I haven't tried the HDMI port yet either.

Last edited:
October 22, 2013 | Techmoan
"The new firmware was only released 16 October - after I'd shot all my clips that I used in this video (you can see the time-stamp on them)."

October 22, 2013 | JazJon
@Techmoan, oh yeah I didn't realize you started filming pre-Oct 16. I always appreciate the amount of editing/prep time you put into each review! Well done.

Thanks for the post Russ. I think I saved myself some money there as I was either going to buy this or the Mobius B lens.

Interesting review. I cant say I like the light flashing away or the awkward shape. I thought the shape would have made it more discrete than that.

The UK ebay seller listed on techmoans links was selling this from their own website bebutton.com for £175

Strangely it has gone up to £190 since this video has posted, but still cheaper than their ebay website @ £200 :eek:

Slap-Forehead-01_thumb2.jpg

Maybe they will mysteriously lower the price again.............. Busted!

:p

Hi Jim,
I sympathize with this seller. I looked into selling stuff on eBay for JooVuu however the fees eBay takes virtually wipes out the profits you make so the only way you can keep the profits is to have higher prices. Though having said that it is not as bad as Amazon which when we were selling products on Amazon to begin with our profit was down into the lower single digits. We stopped after a few days as the price hike we had to do was outrageous.

Kind regards,

Dan

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B20RRL WF1 0
Hanty86 WF1 0
Back