WF1 Updated FW 1.62

tofurkey

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Vico-WF1
Haven't noticed any other mention of this (and apologies if this has already been covered somewhere, I haven't been checking the site as frequently lately), but I noticed a new FW for the WF1 is available on the VicoVation web page.

The new version is 1.62 and the only change from the 1.58 release seems to be a bug fix for Android playback. This may be a follow-up from the iOS fix of the time display bug during playback noted in the previous 1.58 FW release.

Anyway, here is the link to download it. Note: the FW releases are not in numerical order on the page, so it is mid-way down.

http://www.vicovation.com/productpage.asp?IDno=18&lang=en&cata=3&offset=0

Thanks for the heads up. I've been using my Marcus 3 a bit, but i'll have to get my WF1 updated.

Has anyone had issues after upgrading to this firmware?

Since upgrading, I've 3 times that the WF1 would not power up. Everytime I have to press & hold the power button to reset the dashcam in order for it to work again.

It's winter now and during the 3 times it failed to start, it was chilly in the car. Initially I tried to power on/off from the car and the 12V cigarette lighter but it does not work. It will only turn on after resetting by holding the power button on the unit itself.

I did not have any issues prior to upgrading. Has anyone had similar issues with their WF1?

I'm trying to update mine now from 1.56 to 1.62

It's been upgrade blinking for over 5 mins. I hope it updates okay

:EDIT: It's been over a half an hour and still blinking. It works so so on 1.56, but I would like to get it updated. I don't know what's wrong.

Last edited:

:EDIT: It's been over a half an hour and still blinking. It works so so on 1.56, but I would like to get it updated. I don't know what's wrong.

Here's an upgrade video I made for an Australian customer that gave us permission to break the seal to pre-upgrade the WF1 pre-shipping.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/82dwpolj5sld74m/AACN5xWOGb0NOxfcq3PdB0dDa

Strange... my unit upgraded no problem, same as always, took about a minute or so. I've been using 1.62 for a month now with no issues.

Question if the manufacturer still visit this forum when we do software for WF1 21st century with a bitrate of 18mbit / s. ??? or are we going to drag out a miserable existence, watch others enjoy.

Dear support!
Please note software V1.62, appears turquoise , WDR- standard, also want to add a bit 20-24Mbit / sec, make it permanent , otherwise a lot of artifacts in complex scenes , the file attached.
We hope for your understanding and you will not forget your produkt.Polzovateli from Russia are waiting for you on the new software .
Kind regards.

https://yadi.sk/i/Jlzct6veeRv3h

I hope that reading.

Is there a way to shut off that light yet?

Is there a way to shut off that light yet?
Not completely that I have found. I have talked to them about it a few times and they have just made it very dim.

Back