What about Beaudens B-1502?

Rhinox

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I've been looking for LiFePO4 battery pack to power my dash-cam. I have read about Cellink Neo, BlackVue B-124 and TQKA, but as of now, I can not find them available anywhere. But I came across of "BEAUDENS B-1502 Portable Power Generator" (i.e. amazon, ebay).

Is also LiFePO4 and its price is about in the middle between cheap TQKA and expensive Cellink/B-124. Is quite heavy and big but that should not be problem for me as I'd have suitable space in trunk of my car with 12V car-charger slot nearby. With 166Wh and 52000mAh@3.2V it should be able to power my F800pro over weekend.

Does anyone have experience with it? What do your think, is it worth trying?

I'll leave some battery information for you to better make that decision.
Beaudens:
51.875 Ah @ 3.2 volts according to their 166 watt hour rating. They just rounded it up to 52 Ah
so that's 12.98675 rounded up to 13 mAh @ 12.8 volts

Cellink Neo 6/ BlackVue B-124:
24.6 Ah @ 3.2v volts according to their 76.8 watt hour rating. That's 6.14 Ah @ 12.8. Most companies would label it as 24,600 mAh as that look much better than 6100 mAh @ 12.8.

TQKA:
20 Ah @ 3.2 volts and 64 watt hour. That's 5 Ah or 5,000 mAh if you are running it at 12.8.

Pay attention to the watt hour ratings as they represent the amount of battery power assuming that they aren't outright lying about it. This comes up alot as you hear people asking why does the Neo 6 come a 6,000 mAh battery when the TQKA has a 20,000 mAh battery when the neo's battery is larger. That said, the Neo6/B124 is extremely expensive if you are just going off of battery capacity. I got it as it had the best option for battery control at the moment. I took care of the small capacity my connected my own custom battery to it's extension port for a fraction of their cost and much more capacity.

The Beaudens battery is very large at 166 watt hour vs the 76.8 for the Neo6 and the 67 of the 64 of the TQKA. The neo6 is completely automated so not having to worry about once it is installed and it charges very quick with a 9 A input charge current. I'm sure that the beauden probably maxes at 5 a via cigarette port so it will take quite a long time to charge. About 3 A according to their listed charge time.

Sorry for the long post but here is some info to help you with your purchase. The Beaudens is a Beast IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. I do not know much about batteries so I had no idea how I shall understand those Wh, (m)Ah, Volts, etc. Now I see I can not compare mAh with mAh without taking Volts into account (nice marketing trick, btw).

I'd rather stay with Cellink Neo, Blackvue B-124 or TQKA (those are frequently mentioned here on this forum), but they are nearly impossible to find here in EU. So I ordered this Beaudens, the only LiFePO4-battery I could find for reasonable price.

@Rhinox were you able to make your dashcam work with the Beaudens? Does it work with parking mode?
I'm considering it over the Cellink Neo for its cost effectiveness, also for the fact that I'm not inclined to hardwire my dashcam to the car.

I recently purchased this so any questions, please feel free to ask, peeps.
In short, this battery is absolutely worth its money. I've been running parking mode for 2-3 hours every day for couple of days now, without having to recharge it (it dropped by only 1 bar out of 5).

Back