What am I getting for my money?

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive noticed after looking at several videos and reviews on cameras that I don't see a tremendous amount of PQ between an $80 cam and a $200 cam. So other than GPS, what am I getting for $120 more in a $200 cam that an $80 cam wont give me? Video examples would be a great help. Thanks.

Ive noticed after looking at several videos and reviews on cameras that I don't see a tremendous amount of PQ between an $80 cam and a $200 cam. So other than GPS, what am I getting for $120 more in a $200 cam that an $80 cam wont give me? Video examples would be a great help. Thanks.

$80 buys you entry level cameras out of China mostly, buying locally costs more, if it's supported locally generally means the spec is higher, there's more QC involved and warranty and support levels are much different

not just picture quality that you need to think about, build quality also

Build quality is the biggest difference. The more expensive dash cams usually come with a capacitor instead of a battery, which will withstand hot and cold temperatures much better.

Kelvin

, if it's supported locally generally means the spec is higher
I'll third this and if you need video proof here it is

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r0330-vs-sony-exmor-imx322.10131/#post-127267

To someone who may have just started looking the B40 and SG9665GC might look the same, and you would ask a question like you have, but watching the video you can clearly see that the Street Guardian camera shoots much better looking video

Also on top of what the other posters stated above you might get a few nice extras as well. Things like a dedicated Auto Mute button or File Lock button

Last edited by a moderator:
Back