Steve_Parry

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Many over 10 years. Currently 1 x SG9663DCPRO, 1 x SG9663DR
Hi all,
I may be the only one confused here:)

The DR500GW-HD seems to have a multitude of "stock" firmware available depending on whether you go to Blackvue, AutoBlackbox or this forum. If you're lucky the links might work (the Blackvue ones don't seem to).

Similarly there are various versions of Custom Firmware (eg 1.1.1aE and v2.4), mostly seem to be managed from car-dvr forum (which is in Russian, but Chrome translate works well enough to read it...mostly).

My problem is, I don't know which is the latest 'stock' version that I can actually download, and there are conflicting Custom versions and source links. (eg version 1.1.1aES is supposed to be later than 1.1.1aE, but the files all have the same date/timestamp. And then there is Custom v2.4.....).

Please can someone compile (and preferably maintain) a sticky with the latest versions, status (stocky, custom,beta etc) and a working link?

Thanks!

Cheers
...Steve

I don't think the custom firmware versions work on any of the newer cameras, @alexsoll was doing the firmwares (he runs the forum you referred to) but development stopped on the firmware some time ago, it may depend how old your camera is as to which versions can be used

custom firmware is not updated

Thanks @jokiin and @alexsoll.
The root of my questions is what and where are the latest versions of stock and custom for the DR500GW-HD. For example I'm currently using 1.1.1aE which is from 2013, but v2.4 is from 2015 (going by datestamps anyway).

I also asked the following on the car-dvd forum, but haven't yet had a reply.
"I'm running the Custom v1.1.1aE firmware and have a few unresolved Problems. So I was looking at trying the Custom_DR500_SD_v2.4 firmware.
Can someone tell me the main differences between these versions? "​

This will help me decide whether to donate and try the v2.4 firmware.

[My SG9665GC is brilliant as my front dash camera, and currently my displaced DR500GW-HD is rear - just trying to get it optimum until I can afford another SG:)]

Thanks guys!
Cheers
...Steve

Back