mikek753

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

what settings do you use?
Like WDR, EV, etc

tnx

I use WDR ON and 1080-30p. EV-stock 0.0EV. 5min file ~500MB per file.
In my observations, 60p duplicate frames at night when need more light (longer shutter speed) , and this is very good feature, but I drive only at night, so I think for me 15Mb/s 30p is bit better than 20Mb/s 60p (duplicated frames low light). I didn't do any test yet, but I "feel" little advantage at night when I set 30p. Maybe I'm wrong.

Newbie questions, sorry!
Iced up screen all week but it warmed up a bit yesterday so stuck the A119s with the CPL filter on the screen, bit sunny so went for a run with 1080 30fps footage; looked okay but tarmac and hedges looked like someone had thrown silver confetti on them as I could see thousands of tiny speckles like reflection. Today is rather overcast and set the camera to 1080 60fps, the same route and footage seemed much lot darker. I have not adjusted the EV range, does + or - improve overcast conditions?
The 1080 30 looked a little less focused but brighter, the 1080 60 looked sharper but darker.
Would adjusting the EV up or down improve the low light footage at 1080 60? Or what is the advantage of one setting over the other? I guess there are some posts here that will tell me but hope someone knows where they are and can point me in the right direction!

Thanks.

I set EV to +1 and will show results in a day or two for day and night
As how to set it - press:
1. Rec - to stop recording
2. Menu to get into menu
3. scroll down to EV - right lower button
4. select EV - mid lower "!"
5. scroll to needed + or - settings - left or right lower button and select it
6. return by press on Menu to see how it's

any one increased EV?
As it's look a bit dark vs my another cam
Better camera is the one which is offering more details like reading license plates.

enjoy,
Mtz

@viofo Just to let you know that after downloading the new firmware update for the A119S, my cam is 200% better in focus, in clarity, colors etc. Can read license plates much sharper and clearer at night. No more washed out colors it is like a new cam now. In day light the colors are better than my flat screen tv, and night time has improved, no more greyish it is now vivid colors. Worth the money. Kudos to your engineers for a good improvement.

I don't know from where you downloaded the new firmware, but look carefully at the images and see if the sharpness is not too much added and because of this you see 200% better.

enjoy,
Mtz

You mean 1.1? I can post some videos with a camera that had 1.0 and is on 1.1 atm.

I don't know from where you downloaded the new firmware, but look carefully at the images and see if the sharpness is not too much added and because of this you see 200% better.

enjoy,
Mtz
You mean 1.1? I can post some videos with a camera that had 1.0 and is on 1.1 atm.
Yes that's it I was searching this forum to see if I was able to locate the update link cus that's where I saw it. If you have that link can you post it so others can download and install it

Attachments

• Releasenote.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 35

enjoy,
Mtz
1.1 hopefully m0fo has the firmware update link

Link: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s.26438/#post-313150

Release Notes: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s.26438/page-2#post-313266

Please note that the correct versions are below:
Named Beta -> Actual Understandable Version
1.0 (beta) -> 0.0.1 -> initial firmware for the testing units
1.01 (beta) -> 0.1.0 -> firmware for the testing units
1.02 (beta) -> 0.2.0 -> firmware for the testing units
1.03 (beta) -> 0.3.0 -> firmware for the testing units
1.04 (beta) -> 0.4.0 -> firmware for the testing units
1.05 (beta) -> 0.5.0 -> firmware for the testing units
1.0 -> 1.0.0 -> the initial firmware of production units
1.01 -> 1.1.0 -> first firmware update; comes pre-installed on some production units

I will come back with some videos. I am still disappointed tho...

enjoy,
Mtz

enjoy,
Mtz

enjoy,
Mtz
Link: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s.26438/#post-313150 Complements from m0fo

1. Format microSD card to FAT32
2. Copy the extracted file from the archive to the root of the microSD card
3. Insert the card into the camera
4. Keep the camera connected to a phone charger. Don't use the USB ports from PC or the car lighter jack.
5. Turn on the camera and wait for it to finish. Once it finishes, it starts automatically and the file you copied earlier is deleted automatically. During the flashing process, the leds on the camera will stay on and/or will blink. Just wait and don't press anything.
6. Check the Firmware entry in the menu to see if you got the update.

hi all,

I changed EV to +1 and got artifacts / glare at night 1080/60P WDR is ON
please, take a look at my side to side videos at
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a119s-vs-yi.26658/
the video is at

sure side to side for just A119S with diff settings would be fantastic :) - I'm sure would like to watch it
but, how to make it on practice?
unless it's static in not moving car ... I don't know

I found one missing option. Camera has upside down rotation option, but doesn't have right-left.
I need this to install the camera on motorcycle. Any chance to see it in future firmware after Chinese new year?
It is really only program thing.

Back