What Are the Most Important Dash Cam Features?

That's a interesting point, the Durite system automatically powers down as soon as you unlock the hard drive caddy door. I wonder if when pushing in the SD card to remove, it can also activate a switch to stop recording?
No, don't think microSD can manage that, but it is not necessary, the Viofo cameras can record in TS format which doesn't have the issue.

previous dual card solutions were always about expanding total storage which didn't really help redundancy, writing to two cards simultaneously would be needed to offer some sort of protection, due to the media being removable there are some more challenges to deal with if you really want to protect the data
I could understand wanting dual redundant cards if you were having accidents every day, so maybe for a racing driver, but for the average person, as long as they know when there is a failure that should be enough. Plus faults within the card are handled much better than they used to be, cards do have some redundancy built in so that single memory cell errors are automatically corrected without you ever knowing about them.

I'm still running my original SG9665GC but tempted to upgrade to a newer SG which I know now warns you of card failure. I'm torn though because my SG is so reliable.

Last edited:
Back