What are these connectors for?

oprime05

Reaction score
Country
India
I recently bought a used Honda Brio S MT (2014) in India. It has a all glass rear hatch door. On that door, there are two connectors. But I don't know what is the purpose of the two connectors. Even the previous owner is not so sure (It was his secondary car and other people in his family used it mostly).

I was thinking about installing a rear dash cam eventually. If this is a 12V/5V power connection then I would be very happy. But till now not sure what this is for.

One connector is on the left side of the hatch door. And the other is on the right of the hatch glass (attached to the glass using something)

IMG_20180415_090215.jpgIMG_20180415_090220.jpgIMG_20180415_090457.jpgIMG_20180415_090535.jpg

My thoughts as well, the rear glass window defogger.

A feature not really needed in most parts of India i recon.

My thoughts as well, the rear glass window defogger.
it's the rear demister
If you look at this photo, you can see the supposedly "demister" connection being joined to the main electrical line using black electrical tape. Demister is a stock feature for this version of the car. Would it be added on to the rear glass like this from the factory?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
729500a8d0dc668caacd6dde0b8bcb26.jpg

No the demister you have to turn on and at least in its intended use it will also turn itself off ( not sure if its a timer or what that do that )

For a dashcam you will want something that come live with the motor and go off with it too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA Off Topic 38
Back