• Autonomous (Driverless) Vehicle

Results are only viewable after voting.

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
On the way home the other night I saw these unusual flashing lights. What do you think they are?

(Please vote before looking at the 'spoiler'.)

I would say a really bad welder.

I don't get those flashing bicycle lights, or why people would use them, i even think they are illigal here now, though i offcourse still see them often. but this is due to low enforcement of our laws here ( missing cops )

I can't see the vote on Tapatalk, I was certain this was going to be about BMW indicators. :)

When I ride a bike in the day I use flashing lights, but if I rode at night I would want a mainly steady light with a subtle but eye catching strobing effect superimposed. AFAIK this isn't available in a single unit. It damn well should be.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I would say a motorcycle with a bad zener diode.

Nah. As any old British Bike enthusiast knows, when the zener diode dies that's the only time the "Prince if Darkness" label doesn't apply to Lucas electrics :p Your lights suddenly go from nearly useless to very bright, then a second or so later they all burn out whereupon the "Prince of Darkness" label is now appropriate again :mad: Us hardcore riders always carried extra bulbs and a good zener when riding at night; if you do that the zener will never die (but everything else electrical will) :rolleyes:

If strobes and blinkies aren't legal for bikes here you'd never know it- everyone here has them or nothing at all and it's a pretty even split :eek: My guess was going to be "tired jogger with a flashlight" but that wasn't an option :cool:

Phil

Hehe i aint jogging nowhere, but the spring have left my gate so that could be it, at least that's what my back tell me cuz it is now more sore after some activity like walking than it use to be.

Push bike would be my guess ...

It looks like a white strobe on a vehicle moving in the same direction as you

Back