What battery setting on 3-wire do you use? Recommended setting?

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a 'recommended' setting for the switch ? What one do you use if you have the 3-wire?

I would never go under 12 V when i get the hard wire kit, I think that's a must if you live in a more northerly place,,, at least in the winter time, and you being up there in ILL i think you should think the same.
And i would normally just used 30 - 60 minutes of timed parking mode as that cover all my shopping and at home i have CCTV on the car.
And i can always increase the cut off timer if i would have a need to park in a place for a longer time.
Unsure what the options are for the actual video if its still all time lapse or a low bitrate regular video are possible, i think i would prefer to use a low bitrate regular video, but if that's not a option i will probably use 5 FPS
time lapse.

BUT i am not blessed with the hard wire kit yet.

But this cut off voltage, its probably something i would experiment with to see how many hours the different settings give me, cuz i don't think you need to select 11.8 Volts if you just need 8 hours of parking mode and you can get that with a 12.2 V cut off.
So i would probably start with the highest cut off voltage and let it run to see what run time i get, and then work my way down in the voltages if the high cut offs are not enough.
Using parking mode, you also have to factor in you have to do some driving to recharge the car battery, if you are using parking guard for 23 house every day and only drive 1 hour, you are probably heading for trouble.

Last edited:
how often and for how long do you drive, how large is the battery, how old is the battery, what sort of car?

how often and for how long do you drive, how large is the battery, how old is the battery, what sort of car?

Abour 15-45 minutes per day , 850cca 1 month old, came with the car that was built last month. 2019 Subaru Outback, H6 Touring 3.6R

ok that's a decent size battery and will be in good condition obviously and your driving patterns should keep it in decent condition, 12v would be fine

Back