What budget dashcam can you recomend ?

sture

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi what budget dashcam 50 - 100 usd are the best in parking mode in dark places.
And best overall cam.
Greetings froom Sture

Single channel - Viofo WM1

Yeah the A119 v3 also has a larger lens aperture and HDR instead of WDR thanks to its faster processor so I’d pick it over the WM1 too.

Tjena kompis, welcome to the forum.
Parking mode and dark places dont really go hand in hand, there have to be some light for a image sensor to see anything, this is why CCTV cameras have build in light ( most often IR light ) to be able to see in darkness.
So the more light the better, at least if you want to be able to get a capture that can be used to identify a thief / vandal.

The suggested A119 V3 i also support, the IMX 335 sensor it use i can also demonstrate how good it do, and also the challenge of living where we do and parking outdoors, CUZ i have a parking guard demo of 3 hours parking guard from my car ( sped up in post production )
And my car are parked in a pitch black back yard, as the only light there are 2 small PIR lights on the building that soon turn off, and a small light on the building beside it and then the light that come out of peoples windows.
As you know living where we do, this time of the year it get dark indeed, but just a little light pollution if you live in a town help a little.
But as you can see in the dashcam parking guard video, you can see things just fine, but i would not take the chance on being able to get a good face capture in this little light.

Mind you i have CCTV camera on my parked car too, you can also see the IR light in the dashcam video from the camera mounted on my 2 floor balcony door.
This are much smarter and better i think, the system have AI motion detect and as i film at a downward angle i have nothing in the background, so only human or vehicle shaped motion set off a notification to my phone and tablet on my bedside table.
Also i use a PTZ camera ( Pan Tilt Zoom ) so i am zoomed in a little on the car 25 M away to be able to get a face capture and also minimize motion disturbance as i value the very little sleep my brain will allow me.

BUT ! the CCTV route that is not cheap even if you like me go with a small 4 channel Network recorder and a fairly cheap camera a + however is the recorder have a 2 TB harddrive so i have footage 24/7 going back many many days.

CCTV.jpg

OBS. the camera are just a 1 channel camera, so to force people to approach your car from the front, it might be a good thing to reverse into a parking bay if you park like that, at least something to be mindful about.

PS: My CCTV camera it actually also use the IMX 335 sensor. but have IR light and change to black & white mode at night when it is in IR mode, the IR light on it reach 100 M or so.

Attachments

• CCTV.jpg
    CCTV.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back