What cable for Live Feed on Mobius USB Tools app on an S3 phone?

ajw1100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Now Viofo 119S. Was Mobius Action Cam
My Mobius came with a very short cable to connect to an OTG cable to my Samsung S3 so I can view a live feed.

There seems to be a bad connection as the live feed is constantly dropping out, with a loop of 'access granted' and a quick view then a 'camera disconnected', After that comes the report that:
'sdt-518ca Android is not compatible with webcam module embedded in this camera firmware'.
I then have to unmount the card and exit the program, reconnect and try again with the same results.

I have quite a few USB / Mini cables and all seem to only supply power and do not allow direct control.

Is this the sort of cable I should be looking for ? It says 'Data Transfer' so would assume so.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311563003569
I would prefer 1m cable but will go 2m if needs be.

I recall reading something in the USB tools details that some Samsung models were a problem, not sure if that applies to your model or not

The S3 is not one with reported problems, indeed the live feed does work, its just that the connection is a bit erratic. The short lead that came with the camera has the two inner USB contacts shorter than they are on normal USB cables so I guess only just make contact but are very easily dislodged so break the connection. I just want to make sure the lead I get will do what I want and will allow live feed data transfer.

Back