What cam to upgrade from Viofo A119 Pro using existing hardwired kit???

DashTime

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, my A119 Pro has started rebooting randomly... I tried a different SD card, tried different power source (cig lighter), set cam to default settings, nothing worked. The only thing I didn't try was latest firmware...

So if I want to upgrade the dash cam and still use the existing hardwired kit I installed years ago, which I believe is a 5v/1.5A 2 wire kit. What's the best front Viofo cam I can install? Thank you.

A119 V3, I think you will have to change the mount, but otherwise a simple swap.

May want to upgrade the memory card too since it creates larger files with higher resolution.

It may be worth disassembling the old one and reseating the cables and ribbon connections. Your description is not a common issue though so I don’t know what the problem will be.

Looks like 1 of the 4 springs in the GPS wasn't making good contact with the base, hence the constant restarting. Bent the spring outwards to match the rest, so far working well like it has for the past 3 years. Thanks for the response.

I did order an A119 V3 just to have handy.

Put one of them in the rear window…

Lol, I really want a dual cam, and a parking mode that works. I will probably go w/ the a129 4k, or the next evolution of that model (love the form factor) in the future.

Back