What camera would work best for a road trip to Monument Valley?

ChicagoChris

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planning a road trip to Monument Valley (UT/AZ) and was wondering what camera would work best to record the beautiful scenery of the mountains and desert? I would like to use a 128GB card, and have a quality video, nice tones, use it in the car with a continuous power supply, and also maybe mount the camera outside of the car on the hood, or front bumper or even roof.

What would be the easiest and most fool proof and quality way of capturing the drive from the north, into the valley (approx 2.5 hours) or so of driving. I will be stopping at points to take photos with my SLR so I don't want to be too distracted with over complicated action video camera. But would like kind of to "set it and forget it"....

I was looking at the GoPro,but I think that is too expensive for me right now. The other was the SJ5000. Or the Polaroid Cube..not sure though...I then found out about the Mobius...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks a bunch!

Chicago Chris

how about a late model smartphone with a time lapse app running in a weatherproof case? it should be tethered to your vehicle in some fashion.

Big battery = dead with green house effected heat and won't look very nice either. Can't depend on a phone as a set it and forget it DashCam DVR appliance.

Back