What CAR are you putting those DASH CAMS in again?

Moon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
(f) ViofoA119 PRO 1.32 (r) Viofo A119S V2 + A119v3
Yep ... name that BEAST YOU DRIVE .... C'mon ... Don't be Shy now...

Mine - Hardly a BEAST (got it off my Sister)

2004 MAZDA 3 - Maxx Sport 2.0ltr Metallic Red Black Trim 148,000Klm

Now with Front Cam - VicoVation MF3
Soon to be Rear Cam - Viofo A119s v2

SMILE - You're on CANDID CAMERA

Ford Sierra Sapphire COSWORTH, 1988 mercury grey 2wd running 500bhp, 5000 miles on new engine/box/diff overall car done 250,000 miles running thinkware F770, vauxhall meriva semi auto running thinkware F770

I've installed Yi dashcams in every car in the family from a 2016 X5 to a 2011 CR-V.

The Yi Dash Cam costs $35 on Amazon.cn. I bought mine a year a half ago for double the price and it's been working perfectly through hot and cold. Yi has updated the iOS app and firmware regularly.

Earlier this year, I bought 8 more Yi cameras to resell in my neighborhood at cost. I sold all of them for $50 which included a 16GB Lexar memory card. Half my neighbors now have the little black camera behind their rear view mirror. There's something addictive about installing these.

Yep ... name that BEAST YOU DRIVE .... C'mon ... Don't be Shy now...

Mine - Hardly a BEAST (got it off my Sister)

2004 MAZDA 3 - Maxx Sport 2.0ltr Metallic Red Black Trim 148,000Klm

Now with Front Cam - VicoVation MF3
Soon to be Rear Cam - Viofo A119s v2

SMILE - You're on CANDID CAMERA

Here you go

I drive a Suzuki Splash 1.0, it have other names and brand too so i better post a picture of it.
021dc0bca8994e20b2f6e26660b1e521

Mine are Just red and a older version than the one in the picture ( slightly different plastics front and rear )

its "cheap" ( no danish car are cheap due to insane taxes ) and then mine are regular red as that was the only color in store when i got mine, and besides i would not pay extra for a metallic paint.

I would not buy anything bigger, at least normal or like sports car if i got into money, but if i did i would go overboard in a not yet seen before way ( here in Denmark at least )
marauder-variant-apc.jpg

I would not buy anything bigger, at least normal or like sports car if i got into money, but if i did i would go overboard in a not yet seen before way ( here in Denmark at least )
marauder-variant-apc.jpg

you love the marauder don't ya!

Here's my pride and joy....

Calera.jpg

O yeah it have been love since i saw it on Top Gear.

If I found out anything over the years about cars it is it doesn't matter what the car is so long as owner is happy with it, I have been lucky enough to drive vast distances in some top cars, and some heaps that frankly needed shooting, my fave was a 76 or 78 trans am 6.6 in black with gold eagle with snowflake alloys, slow as hell tbh for a 6.6 handled like a speed boat but I loved it was comfy, read wallowy like a boat ha ha had style though, next day ford fiesta 1300 super sport!!

Reactions: Kip
2011 Kia Soul

If I found out anything over the years about cars it is it doesn't matter what the car is so long as owner is happy with it...
Agree. I think the car I most enjoyed owning/driving was a '73 Triumph GT6-Mk3 - the last iteration where they finally got the rear suspension to the point where you could actually drive the car into a corner and not end up looking at where you just came from. It was easy to work on with the clam shell hood/bonnet which was a good thing because I was doing something on it just about every weekend out of necessity. Definitely not the most mechanically sound or reliable car I've ever owned but a lot of fun none the less.

Two pugs at our house, and I'm talking of the feline variety, not canine. ;)

2008 Peugeot 207SW 5 door estate in metallic blue, 99k miles, 1.6 manual diesel, Sport trim, also has a panoramic glass roof. Dashcam: JooVuu X
2007 Peugeot 207 3 door hatchback in metallic orange, 82k miles, same engine and trim as above. Dashcam: Shadow GT550WS

Both average about the same 60+ UK MPG, are pretty comfortable, tolerate all but the very worst of speed bumps and potholes nicely, they handle pretty well too in my opinion (especially the little hatchback). Only had a couple of minor issues and cheap to fix, cheap to insure, cheap to service, £30 for 12 months road tax. Love the boot on the estate, wish more cars had a split opening like that, really useful. They are of course missing many of the toys and gizmos found on newer cars, however, that just means less to go wrong which is fine by me. Saying that, the hatchback actually has a full size spare wheel, how often do you get those on new cars nowadays?

If I found out anything over the years about cars it is it doesn't matter what the car is so long as owner is happy with it...
Also agree with that one. There's a lot of dislike towards both the 207 and Peugeot in general (thanks Top Gear, although, I did enjoy that episode A LOT and also *that guy* on YouTube probably hasn't helped matters), but, out of the few cars I've owned in my short-ish driving career, the 207 has been my favourite.

I love the old 504 diesel estate what a fantastic cavernous barge of a car could put your whole house in there, 3 rows of seats as well so 8 seater!!

As in my avatar I have a modified Ford XR4 go cart ( Ford ST150 in the UK )

I have a 2005 Mitsubishi space star 1.9 D or as kamkar calls it my Bitchumishi recently overhauled engine so its running good Tried to upload photo it says file is tooooooo large Help Ipol

I won't shame my beat up looking '03 GMC Sierra, since it looks pretty rough, but has been flawless since bought new. Just oil, batteries, tires, wiper blades, and one headlight since new.

Where I park it at 'work' for a month at a time, locals keep enquiring if that 'abandoned' pickup is for sale? They want it for parts.
I crank it up once a month, drive it 200 miles home, drive it for 4-5 days, then back to work, then park it for a month, again.
No sense buying anything newer.

Currently a 2012 Insignia 2.8T-V6-4wd auto and a 2016 Viva (known as 'Opel Karl' in most of Europe).

Right now just my 25-year old Ford E350 extended-body work van which I'll likely still be driving at least 5 more years :D I have a slightly newer Ford Ranger project truck which will be getting more attention soon- that one is a beater but getting it on the road will keep those miles off my van so who knows how long the van will last then? :cool:

Phil

My current vehicles are the three in my profile photo:

A hand-built Jaguar Aristocat, Mercedes SLK320 and a Nissan X-Trail Aventura

Each car gets driven regularly and as can be seen by my other posts, I'm on the lookout for fixed cameras that will fulfil my wish for forward and rear coverage. Easy for the 4x4 but is proving a real PITA for the other two.

Back