What dash cam for rental car

Founas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm trying to find out what dash cam will be the best for my needs. As a car enthusiastic I bought few cars, and as I can't drive them all, I decided to rent those I don't use. You can't be rich from that, but it will cover some of the costs. The problem I'm facing is, that some of the people drive the cars fast, do burnouts, etc. I would like to have something in the car, with G-sensor and LTE, what will report me immediately when something like that happend. So, I'm basically looking for a dash cam which:

- have a G-sensor and is able to identify hard braking, hard accelerating, or hard cornering.
- have a LTE (or any other mobile connection / SIM slot)
- is able to report / send a video immediately when "something" happend such as hard braking, etc.
- is on 24/7 and is able to record videos when something hit the car when parking (it have to use a car battery for that)

Thank you and sorry for my English.

You will loose all your customers if you do that, cars are supposed to give freedom, not 24/7 surveillance and restrictions on behaviour!

I'm loosing tires at this moment :) as many people are not nice with the car. I rented a car in UK (I believe it was an Easirent) few days ago and the car had dash cam installed in the car as well.

I need the 24/7 recording just in case the car is involved in accident when it sits in front of the building. as I'm living in citycenter, the car have a new scratch almost every day.

Some US car insurance companies have a GPS-equipped device that reports your driving back to them, but I don't know if it's in real time and it doesn't have video. You get a discount on insurance if you let them install it and you aren't discovered speeding with it. Auto loan companies here have another device which prevents starting the engine via a remote link if you are behind in payments. Between those two things you'd have some control over usage. And a dashcam could provide video corroboration and some parking protection. My guess is that the costs of those things would preclude their usage on a small scale, with only dashcams being affordable.

But in all honesty, if renting things over there is anything like here, you're going to get abused by almost every customer in some way or another. Expect it and have your heartburn medicine handy, or don't get into the business.

Phil

I would never trust anyone with a car of mine, or anything else for that matter.
I even wish i could take back my personal information the Danish government have on me, cuz i don't trust them to keep my personal information secure, Danish governments are 100% clueless in regard to IT security.
And they have a lot of info on me, more than most other governments have on their citizens.

In General people are absolutely disrespectful in so many ways, maybe not right to your face, but as soon as they cant see you they will fu-k you.
This are actually one of the biggest flaws with our societies nowadays.

so cheap now to developed app and install in smartphones to those Drivers and required GPS on all the time and the app will send you all info like UBER (n)

thank you for all of your replies. The GPS tracker will not work for me, I need a video of what is going on, when something "bad" happend. For example, if they drive a 4x4 and hit something, it doesn't have to be visible when they returning the car. In case the cam report the accident (as the G-sensor will notice that and send me a video using LTE (4G). The same logic with fast cars when they do burnouts, or do hard acceleration.

what about some cheaper chinese dash cams, such as this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283061519526
Anyone have an experience with this device? Seems to me as it supports everything I'm looking for. The quality of the image is not important to me.

and true, it's bad with people. but some of them are nice.

You can immediately take a car with a dash cam, just beat Enterprise BWI, for example, the first link cars with the dash cam, gps, and everything you need, not so much brains yourself, just use google)

Last edited:
Back