What Dash Camera has Bufferd Parking Mode

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
Looking for advice for a dash cam that has Bufferd Parking Mode working successfully! Ideally front and rear.

All Blackvue dashcams and the new Viofo 119 V3. I upgraded from the Blackvue DR650GW 2CH to the DR900S 2CH recently and both are very good cameras.

I bought a Viofo A 129 Duo back in April with the so called Bufferd Parking Mode but my self and others are still waiting for it to work properly!

How does the 119 V3 work in Bufferd parking mode and the 129 doesn't!

Does your Blackvue work well ?

As far as I understand the Viofo 129 Duo works with buffered parking mode if you upgrade the firmware.

I have seen comments about the Viofo and problems with buffered parking mode but I’m sure they will get it sorted in time. They do seem like the next best alternative to Blackvue. I certainly would not have anything but buffered parking mode.

Both the Blackvue’s I’ve had have worked flawlessly. Image quality is excellent, although the 900 being 4K is of course better than the 650 particularly if you zoom in for more detail. There is also the 720 which sits between the two. Some feel the picture clarity at night on the 720 is better than the 900, and it was, but since they issued a firmware upgrade for the 900 it is a lot better.

The cloud service on them is very good but you have to have a hotspot in the car for it to work while parked otherwise it is pretty useless. Blackvue even upgraded my 650GW to the Cloud service for free after I had it for about 2 years (it had to go back to them for the hardware to be upgraded rather than just a software firmware upgrade) which I thought was very good service.

I like how it sends an alert to my iPhone and Apple Watch if there is an event whilst parked together with a photo from the front camera and also uploads a video clip to the cloud server so you can view it remotely via the Blackvue App. You can also use the App to monitor what is going on and talk to any occupants in the car.

I know Blackvue are quite expensive but in my view you get what you pay for with these things and although there are plenty of cheaper dashcams out there they don’t have the same features and you have to compromise.

As far as I understand the Viofo 129 Duo works with buffered parking mode if you upgrade the firmware.

I have seen comments about the Viofo and problems with buffered parking mode but I’m sure they will get it sorted in time. They do seem like the next best alternative to Blackvue. I certainly would not have anything but buffered parking mode.

Both the Blackvue’s I’ve had have worked flawlessly. Image quality is excellent, although the 900 being 4K is of course better than the 650 particularly if you zoom in for more detail. There is also the 720 which sits between the two. Some feel the picture clarity at night on the 720 is better than the 900, and it was, but since they issued a firmware upgrade for the 900 it is a lot better.

The cloud service on them is very good but you have to have a hotspot in the car for it to work while parked otherwise it is pretty useless. Blackvue even upgraded my 650GW to the Cloud service for free after I had it for about 2 years (it had to go back to them for the hardware to be upgraded rather than just a software firmware upgrade) which I thought was very good service.

I like how it sends an alert to my iPhone and Apple Watch if there is an event whilst parked together with a photo from the front camera and also uploads a video clip to the cloud server so you can view it remotely via the Blackvue App. You can also use the App to monitor what is going on and talk to any occupants in the car.

I know Blackvue are quite expensive but in my view you get what you pay for with these things and although there are plenty of cheaper dashcams out there they don’t have the same features and you have to compromise.
I have 129 Duo and it seems like this problem is taking an awful long time I was told by Viofo it may be October!!!

Sorry to hear that. I guess if it works OK with the 119 then it must be something to do with the rear camera. I saw somewhere they suggest using the Low Bitrate Parking Mode which works fine until they get the main issue fixed.

Current Garmin line (DC46 - 66) and Mini. No dual cam setup but you can use two cameras...

How does the 119 V3 work in Buffered parking mode and the 129 doesn't!

Different processors, one channel versus two, different firmwares for each, different SDK's for each, and more. Most of the folks currently having issues with parking modes in the A129 do not know much about dashcams or understand how all this works. It's not always as simpla and easy as you'd think to get cam features working correctly and sometimes it is impossible to do that without hardware changes.

Long ago I learned the wisdom of not expecting anything past what a dashcam currently does, for that may be all you'll get with it.

Phil

Back