What dashcam should I buy?

zacharyhp

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I've been thinking about buying a dashcam for sometime. I've done a bit of research yet I'm still weary of most since I've been hearing about problems and such so I'm asking you guys for your input based on what I want/need.
The camera should...
  • Cost less than $100. I'll spend more if necessary but I'd rather stick to that budget.
  • Be sold on Amazon (have a gift card).
  • Have good video quality and reliability. I don't want to have to mess around with updates, fixing, etc.
  • Have a capacitor.
Thanks in advance!

You can buy the add-on capacitor kit for the Mobius for under $10. Amazon probably has them. It just swaps out with the OEM battery, and you have to make a few changes in the setup. No big deal.

You can buy the add-on capacitor kit for the Mobius for under $10. Amazon probably has them. It just swaps out with the OEM battery, and you have to make a few changes in the setup. No big deal.

Hm.. I didn't know that, and what do you have to change?

It's pretty easy, you take out a few screws, unplug the battery, put the capacitor in it's place. close up the case. I forget all the things you have to change in the settings, but you you set it to immediate power off instead of delay, so it saves the last file.
No big deal, but you have to do it or you will have problems.

IMG_20150606_124142(1).jpg

The replacement capacitor is to the right of the old, puffed out battery.
(Which still worked)

Back