What do you guys use to stick the camera to windshield ?

mrpk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
I am little embarrassed to even say this but while taking the camera off the gps mount i ripped the darn plastic thingy that you can static stick to the windshield, the gps mount glue is ruined now. So now i gotta gps mount with half glue and stuck it as such to windshield but worried it gonaa fall.. So the question. What do you guys do to hold the gps mount to the shield ? Do you guys buys double sided tape or something else ?

Also i like to mount the interior camera on the fabric near the dome light and point it to the passenger side, so it acts as my blind spot checker, but using sticky velcro i do not think is going to hold for long, any ideas how to mount the interior camera on the fabric part of the roof ? Maybe some metal pins spring loaded or something ? I have a separate display mounted in my car and got AV cable connected to it from camera to give me constant view of the desired camera on the display, now just gotta figure out how to mount cameras without them falling and all.

Viofo can probably supply another tape pad if there isn't an extra on the box. If you need a DIY replacement, look for 3M #5952 tape; this is what most dashcams use.

Phil

Yes you can buy little rolls of 3M tape, just got to buy the right type like Phil say #5952, depending on the contact surface size on the mount you might have to put 1.5 strip on, most often you can also just make do with one strip and not cover the whole surface, it it grip properly these things generally grip well.

Like a assortment of Zip ties - duct tape - heat shrink tube - CA glue - 2 part epoxy glue, these are things not bad to have handy.

Mounting to the fabric of the headliner is hard, i once had a side camera mounted this way, but then i used a piece of sheet metal on the back side, and then on the camera a couple of neodymium magnets glued to the camera.
It would be a mess if you tried any form of glue on the headliner, but magnets can easy "grip" onto metal on the back side of the headliner, and up there out of sight you can use glue / whatever to keep a little piece of metal in place.
In my car i have the cabin camera stuck to the mirror as its stalk is flat.
If yours are not but like to mount there, you could probably get a mirror at a salvage yard that fit your car, and then modify its stalk so you have a flat surface to stick the camera to.
My mirror come off the roof so plenty of room on its stalk, and in front of it for cameras, it is also from a salvage yard as my car was broken inti in January and the mirror and A139 camera was vandalized.

Last edited:
Viofo can probably supply another tape pad if there isn't an extra on the box. If you need a DIY replacement, look for 3M #5952 tape; this is what most dashcams use.

Phil
there is a pad, but cant take the red sticker off, even the one on the camera i could not take sticker off, they ripped the foam under them.. I dunno, maybe they been in the box for too long ? You think they will send new pads as the red protective film i cannot take off lol..

I use 3M Dual Lock for everything. It has held to internal vehicle temps above 150F, direct sunlight, etc. without fail.

The often pre applied pad on the mount, it is true peeling off the protective plastic off can be a problem, but never seen one that wont come off, but for sure you will have to attack it in a corner with a nail and then work it a little.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M A139 6
M A139 42
W A139 12
Back