What do you like most about the dash cameras?

REyewitness

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT200W, GT680W, GT550WS, G1W-C, K6000, SJ4000
As the title goes.. We want to know why you love your dash cam?

I don't (or at least, my current one.)

She understands me :D

Um sorry too much sharing :oops:

on my Vico devices I love my emergency record button. It creates a 1 min locked file in a separate folder. It's not like my G1W or GS8000 that would just lock an entire 3 min or 5 min file and then I would have to figure it out later. That is a bit of a pain. I think every camera should have a dedicated emergency record button set up like Vico has.

I like on dashcams that i dont just have it in case of a accident. You can also review funny/weird/interresting things that happend. If its just a stupid driver or my broken car dropping another part with a loud 'boom' :D

from 1983 to 1994 I worked in the smash repair (bodyshop) industry and saw probably on average 30 to 50 insurance claims per week, very often people were paying an excess (deductible) and losing their no claim discount because no fault could be determined by police attending the accident scene, add to that smaller accidents where police didn't even attend and too often a story would change afterward, sometimes you'd get people that were intentionally trying to manipulate the system but even under normal circumstances people are often shocked or confused when an accident occurs and aren't even clear themselves what actually happened

to me having a camera eliminates the risks involved, there's no chance of anyone twisting the truth, I don't have to worry about trying to remember the circumstances surrounding the event, particularly those leading up to the event, although GPS logging may not be seen as important by some people I like that fact that if there is an event I know I have not only video but I have accurate time, date and location information

I noticed in the news a few days ago that Las Vegas police have decided that they will no longer attend traffic accidents if nobody is injured http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/25/us/nevada-las-vegas-police/index.html?iref=allsearch I think this is probably a trend that will continue in other states as resources are pushed to the limit and other matters are seen as being higher priority, in these circumstances I'm sure having a camera is going to be even more important to be able to prove the circumstances surrounding an MVA or insurance premiums are going to take a hit, a sad fact of life that there are people around that will take advantage of a situation and if there's no police involvement then the story that goes back to the insurance company may not be that accurate, in the scheme of things I think a camera is a very cheap way to protect your rights

Dashcam is kinda "removable disc / hard drive" and witness of your eyes and memory.
With no dashcam in many cases nobody ( police, insurance etc ) will believe you about what happened, but dashcam is device of the human memory that can back-up info about what you saw.

Handle a dashcam like how you would handle a woman.

Nice saying, but usually most of us getting merried on most perfect woman ( st least I got lucky ), so we can treat / handle them gently.
Unfort there are no perfect dashcams out there yet, so we have to be "married" to what is out there :)

@ DashCams Direct.... well I am glad its that way round and not ( handle a woman like you would handle a dashcam ) IE send them back for a refund when they are not working properly, just think of the postage costs let alone wrapping them up.....o_O...... thought for today..........Live each day as though it is your last day on earth........because one day you will be right:D......PS if my lovely lady gets to read this I wont be around tomorrow :eek:

from 1983 to 1994 I worked in the smash repair (bodyshop) industry and saw probably on average 30 to 50 insurance claims per week, very often people were paying an excess (deductible) and losing their no claim discount because no fault could be determined by police attending the accident scene, add to that smaller accidents where police didn't even attend and too often a story would change afterward, sometimes you'd get people that were intentionally trying to manipulate the system but even under normal circumstances people are often shocked or confused when an accident occurs and aren't even clear themselves what actually happened

Spot on Jokiin. May I also add aside from the dashcam being the personal eyewitness, police themselves can undertake inconclusive investigations in motor vehicle collisions. Not to say its bad... but in a situation where there are 2 drivers and 2 vehicles (his/her word against theirs), and a whole range of variables and possibilities on how the collision occurred and final point of impact. You may be surprised police are not thoroughly trained to investigate on road collisions, and may at times draw the wrong conclusion and issue the incorrect driver a fine, charge etc. But my point is, nothing is perfect... but to alleviate such occurrences, unnecessary headaches, psychological / financial trauma, dashcams do serve their purpose. Perhaps not now, not ever... but eventually. You just never know..

P.S. Just noticed you're no spring chicken!

Happy to bring a smile to your lips.......on a serious note all women should be treated with respect......... even Les Dawson,s (rest his soul) mother in law.....For those of you left scratching their heads .....Its a english thingy.......Ipol........thanks Les for teaching me how to play the piano :(

@ DashCams Direct.... well I am glad its that way round and not ( handle a woman like you would handle a dashcam ) IE send them back for a refund when they are not working properly, just think of the postage costs let alone wrapping them up.....o_O...... thought for today..........Live each day as though it is your last day on earth........because one day you will be right:D......PS if my lovely lady gets to read this I wont be around tomorrow :eek:
@Ipol I try to live everyday as if it were my last day, which is why I never do laundry. I mean who wants to do laundry on their last day?

Very true GJHS...very true....to get this thread back on track I think the thing I like most about my dashcam is the peace of mind and back up it affords when out and about......Ipol:D .........slightly off track....... is it true mexicans dance on their hats ? :rolleyes:

Very true GJHS...very true....to get this thread back on track I think the thing I like most about my dashcam is the peace of mind and back up it affords when out and about......Ipol:D .........slightly off track....... is it true mexicans dance on their hats ? :rolleyes:
Not being Mexican, I can say yes their Sombreros while they shoot their guns in the air, drink tequila and yell!;) You can imagine Dashcams aren't huge here, it's not easy mounting one on a donkey, those darn stubborn *sses. Neither suction or adhesive mounts hold very long

Funny part is some people really believe this to be true and are surprised to see cars here. On topic dash cams are great here because when an accident happens, you instantly call your insurance company, they come to the accident and decide who was at fault and only that person pays.

Last edited:
3793-0482589b9bd00c2ac0f446c9307f74d7.jpg
hehe couldnt resist ........interesting point that a representative from the insurance company turns up to assess the situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Back