What do you think about this Power Bank/Station?

LegendAmI

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi guys!

I was looking for a Power Bank to keep my dash cam charged while in parking mode (I have a Blackvue DR750S-2CH-IR, plus a 4G LTE Wifi Wingle).

I don’t drive very often, so for me there's no point in buying something like the Cellink Neo or the Power Magic Ultra Battery B124, I couldn't keep them charged!
Instead I would prefer to buy 2 big Power Banks and swap them every 24/48 hours (while one is charging at home, the other one would be inside the car powering the dash cam).

After a lot of research I found this one that caught my attention:

It has 166wh, Lifepo4 batteries and a lot of outputs (it also has the cigarette socket adapter)!!
According to the measures, it should fit under the seat lying on the side.

What do you think???

Yes, there has been a couple of threads on these in the past. I think they are a great alternative if you don't always spend enough time driving to charge up a cellink.

You could probably get 2 of them for under the retail price of a cellink as well.

Do consider the mounting, as you don't want something that size flying around under emergency braking or in a crash ;) I do think this is a better solution than the Cellink, but it's a little harder to configure, install, and use.

What I'd like to see is for someone to make something like the Cellink as far as simplicity, but in a larger capacity and with a faster charging rate. This could be done with a BMS and using cells in a parallel/series configuration which is switched around for best charging, but I don't know how much market there would be for it as it would exceed the cost of many of the good dashcams we have today.

Phil

A controller / charger thingie the user could then pair with whatever lifepo battery he want to use.

Thanks guys for the advices, soon I'll receive the batteries and I'll find a way to place them firm

Back