What does WiFi button on F800 do?

bgreenstone

Reaction score
Country
United States
As best I can tell the WiFi is always on, and there is no way to turn it off. That annoying green light blinks forever unless I join the device’s WiFi network. Pressing the WiFi does nothing other than make it repeat the voice prompt to john the network. Am I missing something? How to I make that green light turn off and how do I stop that annoying voice prompt every time my car starts?

Can't answer all the questions but I got rid of the wifi message by connecting to it via the Cloud funtion. Seems strange but until you do it will always prompt you to connect via Wifi

Unfortunately, I do not have personal hotspot available with my AT&T plan, so the only way for me to connect with the regular Wi-Fi connection.

it toggles between wifi mode and hotspot mode but once you have connected to the cloud it seems to default to hotspot mode rather than wifi

Hi There,

You are unable to Disable the WiFi/Hotspot Connection. To turn off the "Please connect a WiFi network who's name....." message all you need to do is connect via Hotspot once.

I thought I would get rid of this by turning my phone into a personal hot spot. But the F800 doesn't seem to recognize the phone(t-mobile) as a hot spot. Am I doing something wrong?

Back