What exactly is the optional K1S "splitter cable" for?

Ukraine Visitor

Reaction score
Country
United States
This dash cam (K1S) comes with a "splitter cable" that can be purchased optionally. Does anyone know what the splitter cable is for? I read somewhere where the author seemed to be suggesting something like it's use to view video in one of the vehicle's other screen. I have a car with a OEM, factory made/installed (built-in) "infotainment system" (I think that's what they are called) with a screen that displays map/GPS data as well as AM/FM station information and music CD playing etc. Can the K1S splitter cable be used to display K1S dash cam video on my built-in infotainment screen?

Some cars have stereo/dvd player and have inputs for rca's in that case you can output the video to that stereo and watch the feed there or use the rear camera as a backup camera.

I doubt it will work with your factory infotainment, the RCA output might make sense because with all those wires coming out the side of the K1S it would seem impractical to stick it on your dashboard. Never used it myself though

This dash cam (K1S) comes with a "splitter cable" that can be purchased optionally. Does anyone know what the splitter cable is for? I read somewhere where the author seemed to be suggesting something like it's use to view video in one of the vehicle's other screen. I have a car with a OEM, factory made/installed (built-in) "infotainment system" (I think that's what they are called) with a screen that displays map/GPS data as well as AM/FM station information and music CD playing etc. Can the K1S splitter cable be used to display K1S dash cam video on my built-in infotainment screen?

The splitter cable connects the wired control and optional GPS sender to port 3 on the K1S control unit. Without the GPS the wired control connects directly to port 3 without need for the splitter cable.

I doubt it will work with your factory infotainment, the RCA output might make sense because with all those wires coming out the side of the K1S it would seem impractical to stick it on your dashboard. Never used it myself though

Hey Justin, outside the scope of this thread but, I believe if you are a Retailer, there is a special tag you can apply for from I think the DCT Admin which would then label your comments as those from a Retailer. Here is an example of what I mean from a retailer named NIKO with the "Ratailer" tag. Cheers...

Back