What firmware for DR550GW?

Landon-Zicknit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR550GW-2CH
Looking for advice on owners on the best version of firmware to use on the DR550GW. 1.014 looks like a no go and not sure if 1.017 is better than whatever it has shipped with?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're your only options at the moment.
I was running 1.014, now on 1.017.
for the average user (me), there is no discernable difference. so until the bitrate is upped, then you might as well go with the latest version of OE firmware.

Check out my signature I am running 1.021 and its working fine. Still got the nitrate problem but the date and time should be fixed. Although mine has gone to pot but I think that's something else. I am going to investigate in the morning.

Check out my signature I am running 1.021 and its working fine. Still got the nitrate problem but the date and time should be fixed. Although mine has gone to pot but I think that's something else. I am going to investigate in the morning.
Two quick questions - what's the latest version of the OE firmware ?

Did 1.021 solve a date time issue ?

Currently, i'm working through a date time issue on a new unit i just picked up and i'm looking for a solution. .

Thanks,

Two quick questions - what's the latest version of the OE firmware ?

Did 1.021 solve a date time issue ?

Currently, i'm working through a date time issue on a new unit i just picked up and i'm looking for a solution. .

Thanks,
It did but I had a strange thing happen the other day, the time at 11am was 1:45 am and it was the next day, a reset and format of the card sorted it.

The firmware did fix the date and time error. and apart from that one incident its been a little more stable. apart from the usual rear camera.

It did but I had a strange thing happen the other day, the time at 11am was 1:45 am and it was the next day, a reset and format of the card sorted it.

The firmware did fix the date and time error. and apart from that one incident its been a little more stable. apart from the usual rear camera.
great, thanks!

I know this is a bit of a ridiculous question.. but would you happen to know if this firmware would work on the 500GW ?

No it wont its for the DR550GW there is an update for the 500 on the pittasoft website.

Well I am confused, I have taken the camera out of the card out of the camera Yesterday, eg last night copied the footage off then formatted the card ready to do an update to version 2.0 and I have just been looking at the footage. Please tell me someone else is having this new issue...

I know it was at my uncles not long after 3:30 pm yesterday being the 20th of February 2014.
the time is right but the time stamp and the file date and time says the 21st of January 2016.... WTF... Anyway I am going to install 2.0 and see if this fixes it. Please all check your cameras especially people like me who have the camera on 24-7...

Cheers.

BTW if time travel is possible while driving please let me listen to the lotto while driving and then I will put it on.

Back